GDT: Home Opener! | Sat, Oct 5, 2013 | Senators @ Leafs | 7:00pm | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Where's the Leaf fan holding his nose now. Should be showing his nose holding to the Leaf players, maybe that will get them going.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What the **** was Gunnar thinking? He passed the puck right through the middle...and surprise! It was a turnover.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I just don't see how you can justify playing Reimer... awful rebound control compared to Bernier, awful puck handling compared to Reimer, awful composure compared to Bernier and then on top of that letting in 3-4 softies in a game?

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Not ready to turn on Reimer yet but will if he doesn't improve his horrible rebound control, it doesn't help that the defence can't make routine plays.

I think he'll rebound big next game he starts.

I just don't see how you can justify playing Reimer... awful rebound control compared to Bernier, awful puck handling compared to Reimer, awful composure compared to Bernier and then on top of that letting in 3-4 softies in a game?

Oh I know why, because RC isn't biased like some posters here.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I've never seen such a sloppy game with so many turnovers and fluke broken plays. Half of Ottawa's goals and scoring chances are from fluke bounces that our D couldn't get because they were too lackadaisical

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Reimer in net that is a guaranteed turnover leading to a scoring chance against. With Bernier it's total contral and a breakout with no pressure.

member 147413

Anyone else love the "Supersoaker" song by Kings of Leon? It's great.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh ranger has a NTC. so
so he could be sent down. (i thought he had a NMC for whatever reason).

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lupul has been crap, so far this year in my opinion. The effort hasn't been there.

BayStreetBullies*

Let's see what happens if/when Bernier craps the bed vs the Avs, or in any of his next starts in the foreseeable future.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This isn't the end of Reimer, but the fact that Carlyle went to Bernier with it still a 2 goal game shows that he is on a shorter leash then I expected.

Those were the rebounds that the Leafs don't like. I like Reimer but there was no pressure at all in those scenarios and he started flopping around.

Two rebounds right in high scoring areas. Bernier's rebounds are so short...they fall right in front of him where he can just scoop it up.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I've never seen such a sloppy game with so many turnovers and fluke broken plays. Half of Ottawa's goals and scoring chances are from fluke bounces that our D couldn't get because they were too lackadaisical

Real goaltending also makes a difference.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec

You forget some of last season and the season before?

This team can be a turnover machine some games. Looks like they still need to work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad