Home opener Rumoured to be against Florida

Bishop1310

Sep 19, 2011
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Scheduling-Leaks/134/48341

I like to read his blog as I feel like he has a really strong hockey sense, and usually has some inside information on the sens.

Anyway he believes the home opener will be against the panthers, and he goes on to say how this may be a little upsetting to sens fans. Personally I don't mind this at all. Florida wasn't a slump last year and so it may make for an exciting opener. Not only that but I could see ticket prices being somewhat low to A) Bring some angry fans back, and B) because it's the panthers.

You guys think there's any truth or reason to believe he is correct?

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I can confirm this. The point of a Florida game is that home openers usually sell out to begin with. We didn't want to waste a Toronto/Montreal (automatic sell-out) on a game that should sell out anyways.

Can't confirm the date, though.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
There were tweets going around today that kids 14 and under will get in free when accompanied by an adult ticket holder for this game.

Nice gesture, though I'm pretty sure wouldn't happen if we were playing the Leafs or Habs.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Scheduling-Leaks/134/48341

I like to read his blog as I feel like he has a really strong hockey sense, and usually has some inside information on the sens.

Anyway he believes the home opener will be against the panthers, and he goes on to say how this may be a little upsetting to sens fans. Personally I don't mind this at all. Florida wasn't a slump last year and so it may make for an exciting opener. Not only that but I could see ticket prices being somewhat low to A) Bring some angry fans back, and B) because it's the panthers.

You guys think there's any truth or reason to believe he is correct?

I think there's some truth, but I would say more for casual sens fans. When games lack teams where there's real rivalry and big name players (from the other team), you may lose some of the flare that attracts/excites some fans.

However, for most fans like us, I think they realize:

1) It's home opener after 113 days missed, so both fans and players should be excited
2) With a shortened schedule, every game matters, so players will come out hard
3) Even if there is a lack of star power on the other team, there's still 4 all stars (;)), 1 Norris winner, and some new players to come out and watch on our team which will make it worth while :)

SensChirp

May 8, 2007
Yup, home opener against the Panthers.

Next home game is Sunday the 27th against the Penguins. Habs in Ottawa on the Wednesday the 30th.

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
I can confirm this. The point of a Florida game is that home openers usually sell out to begin with. We didn't want to waste a Toronto/Montreal (automatic sell-out) on a game that should sell out anyways.

Can't confirm the date, though.

Makes sense to me.

btw, nice AKGs alfie. K242's right?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
How did the first 10 home games get leaked already? I read that teams got their schedules but I thought the NHL didn't want things to be released and official until Saturday/Sunday when the players have ratified. Guess that changed....

Good to see though. I like the mix of divisional opponents like Habs, Bruins, Sabres and other interesting match ups like Pens, Caps, Jets and Canes.

Can't wait to be back at SBP!!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
How did the first 10 home games get leaked already? I read that teams got their schedules but I thought the NHL didn't want things to be released and official until Saturday/Sunday when the players have ratified. Guess that changed....

Good to see though. I like the mix of divisional opponents like Habs, Bruins, Sabres and other interesting match ups like Pens, Caps, Jets and Canes.

Can't wait to be back at SBP!!

well, that's why it's called a leak.

obviously, the second the teams get the dates, they have to start planning (in this case setting up the ticket site for monday). Also, lots of internal logistics means a ton of people get access to the schedule, and leaks happen (rangers full schedule was leaked by someone, for example).

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Oh I got that, just saying if the league expected that than why not just wait one more day to send it to the teams?

Really doesn't make much difference at this point. Great to see the sched, now let's open camp!

Milan the God*

Apparently Sens STH can purchase additional tickets for 50% off for the first ten home games?

Sens still need to reach out to non-STH fans who come to the games.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
No Saturday night home games in the first month of the season.

There's an event at SBP on the 26th, and a concert on Feb 16th. Nothing at all listed for Feb 2nd and 9th.

Pretty odd the Sens wouldn't get a Sat night home game which are usually pretty popular.

Milan the God*

With a purchase of an adult ticket, you can get a children's ticket for the opener free.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Got a pick of the first 10 games I'll have it up later tonight.

here it is i just took it to text my buddy so quality of an iphone 4 camera but here are the first 10 home games

IMG_0811_zpsea551e0d.jpg

thats right off capitaltickets website earlier today.

Last edited:

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
I wasn't trying to be, I was just pointing out that anyone can see it.

And I didn't know it got taken down, I saw a link that was good earlier in the night. Sorry man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad