GDT: Home Opener!!! Devils vs. Capitals - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
How the hell do people think Daniel and Henrik Sedin were each individually better players than Patrik Elias?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

20110101_gaf_g49_829831.jpg

:sarcasm:

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
How the hell do people think Daniel and Henrik Sedin were each individually better players than Patrik Elias?
Well, they played for a Canadian franchise, in a big city none-the-less, and Patty played in a swamp. Plus, they've got 2 art ross', a Lindsay and a hart between the two. Not that big a deal however.

Oh and they were identical twins who were both star hockey players who played together for literally their entire careers. Has there ever been anything like that in any sport?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Well, they played for a Canadian franchise, in a big city none-the-less, and Patty played in a swamp. Plus, they've got 2 art ross', a Lindsay and a hart between the two. Not that big a deal however.

Oh and they were identical twins who were both star hockey players who played together for literally their entire careers. Has there ever been anything like that in any sport?

Well we did have 5 Sutters. Phil and Tony Esposito and a bunch others. To me it's not really a big deal

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Well we did have 5 Sutters. Phil and Tony Esposito and a bunch others. To me it's not really a big deal

If you think they are comparable s to the Sedins as far as the legacy of the “duo,” I don’t know what to tell you. The Sedins will never happen again in our lifetime. It’s insane how consistently identical everything about them was.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
If you think they are comparable s to the Sedins as far as the legacy of the “duo,” I don’t know what to tell you. The Sedins will never happen again in our lifetime. It’s insane how consistently identical everything about them was.

No not really. They were different players stylistically. They demanded to be kept together and never separated. Same line, same team. Not all brothers are like that. And perhaps there was a time they should've been separated for the long term benefit of the franchise.

The Mullens combined for 700+ goals

There are 3 Staals and all had outstanding NHL success. 3 Stastny's

Sedins are not all that special. They just happened to look the same and were kept together.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
No not really. They were different players stylistically. They demanded to be kept together and never separated. Same line, same team. Not all brothers are like that. And perhaps there was a time they should've been separated for the long term benefit of the franchise.

The Mullens combined for 700+ goals

There are 3 Staals and all had outstanding NHL success. 3 Stastny's

Sedins are not all that special. They just happened to look the same and were kept together.

Basically the entire hockey world begs to differ.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Expect a lot of newly minted Caps fans who have never heard of Peter Bondra to be in the building tonight. They're a bit sad about the Yankees elimination but confident the Patriots have turned things around.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Basically the entire hockey world begs to differ.

No they don't. There were better brother combos. Lots of them. With Stanley Cups.

You know hockey did exist prior to the Sedins being drafted

Bobby and Dennis Hull combined for 900 goals. It doesn't impress me that they demanded to be kept together or that they happen to be twins. Siblings are siblings and there have been better sibling combinations.

Last edited:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
No they don't. There were better brother combos. Lots of them. With Stanley Cups.

You know hockey did exist prior to the Sedins being drafted

Bobby and Dennis Hull combined for 900 goals. It doesn't impress me that they demanded to be kept together or that they happen to be twins. Siblings are siblings and there have been better sibling combinations.

You are misunderstanding uniqueness and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->