Post-Game Talk: Home Opener: Canucks 5, Flames 2. The Alien has landed.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
What were his comments?
9cad1c6698f88d985baba231e19608e4.png

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Keep both. Get rid of Granlund. Honestly though, Sutter played awful and I’d be happy to see him traded and Gaudette called up.

M.Granlund - 17.41min total ice, 7min on the PK and 0 goals against, 0+1 and +2. 5 shots on goal, 1 hit and 1 takeaway. He is sure being an awful player in the lone game played this season. Did you expect more?

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
That fact that Pettersson was able to put up a goal and an assist in less than 10 minutes of ice time is quite impressive.

As far as Pettersson goes, this is a HUGE win for the Canucks even if the Canucks don’t have a great season: Heading into the season, we had the following questions to answer:

1) will Elias Pettersson be a superstar in this league?

2) will Elias Pettersson be able to play center in this league at the superstar level?

I think we all know what the answers to the above two questions are shaping to be.

With EP and Horvat are our centermen for years to come, I think it’s safe to say that our depth down the middle will be secured long term.

All we need now is for Hughes to be a top pairing PMD, and Juolevi to be a good 2nd pairing PMD, and this team will then have the necessary foundation to be an elite team one day.

Reactions: alternate

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sports are weird. We allow watch the same game and half the people thing player A player great and the other half think he played terrible. People ripping JV (me) and Guddy on here and coach TG praises them both.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I get it,but how does one have a 'terrible' game when they didn't even concede a single goal on the ice,but were a plus 4..?...If you read through the posts of the game,he had a fairly solid game.
Are you suggesting that the plus/minus stat is sufficient to give you a general idea of how any player played in any given game?

His actual shift by shift play in his own end was pretty abysmal, in my opinion, although it didn't cost him in this game due to some stellar goaltending.

Reactions: Peen

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
A lot of posters are subconsciously biased based on their previous experiences with certain players. The fact is players like Pouliot, Granlund, Eriksson, Motte, Beagle & Markstrom played great while Boeser, Horvat & Baertchi played like Sh*t.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
A lot of posters are subconsciously biased based on their previous experiences with certain players. The fact is players like Pouliot, Granlund, Eriksson, Motte, Beagle & Markstrom played great while Boeser, Horvat & Baertchi played like Sh*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if members here wanted Gudbranson to lose that fight. Absolutely not. He has pretty good tonight. He kept Ratchuk from being a rat. I kid you not he was maybe a little scared of him.

M.Granlund - 17.41min total ice, 7min on the PK and 0 goals against, 0+1 and +2. 5 shots on goal, 1 hit and 1 takeaway. He is sure being an awful player in the lone game played this season. Did you expect more?

our 7 penalties increased the ice time of players who souldn't get have gotten the ice time. Sutter with 22 minutes lol.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
A lot of posters are subconsciously biased based on their previous experiences of viewing certain players. The fact is players like Pouliot, Granlund, Eriksson, Motte, Beagle & Markstrom played great while Boeser, Horvat & Baertchi played like Sh*t.
Are you referring to me? Aside from Pouliot, I ranked pretty much all of those players ahead of Boeser, Horvat, and Baertschi. Stop making assumptions about people's biases just because you disagree with certain things that you want a reason to dismiss.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Are you referring to me? Aside from Pouliot, I ranked pretty much all of those players ahead of Boeser, Horvat, and Baertschi. Stop making assumptions about people's biases just because you disagree with certain things that you want a reason to dismiss.

Wasn’t referring to you.

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012

wtf, reading through this thread I can't even tell it was directed at you, stop making assumptions.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson
Horvat
Gaudette
Beagle

Now that's a centre core I can get behind for the next 5 years.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
wtf, reading through this thread I can't even tell it was directed at you, stop making assumptions.
I didn't make assumptions. I asked for clarification and defended my position in case it was, because it immediately followed my post. And I criticized the assumption he made, irrespective of whether it was directed at me or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->