Home opener attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Is there a different capacity at Madison Square Garden this season? Or was tonight's game not sold out? The nhl.com official game summary/scoresheet says the attendance at the game was 17,200.

Were there 1000 empty seats? Are there more seats blocked off during the final phase of construction?

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Those numbers are fiction anyway a lot of times.

First of all, teams can manipulate the numbers. They can sell unsold tix to brokers an hour before the game starts for $1 each, and it's now a sellout. I also don't believe that there's EXACTLY 17200 seats. Since when is an arena designed around having a round number of seats. There's almost always an odd number of seats for various reasons.

And of course, that # is tickets sold, not attendance. There's basically a 0% chance that not 1 ticketholder didn't show up.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Those numbers are fiction anyway a lot of times.

First of all, teams can manipulate the numbers. They can sell unsold tix to brokers an hour before the game starts for $1 each, and it's now a sellout. I also don't believe that there's EXACTLY 17200 seats. Since when is an arena designed around having a round number of seats. There's almost always an odd number of seats for various reasons.

And of course, that # is tickets sold, not attendance. There's basically a 0% chance that not 1 ticketholder didn't show up.

I'm curious to know what these reasons are..

And if teams could manipulate the numbers, how come they don't manipulate them all the time? How come the Rangers didn't have 100% attendance last year if they could have lied and said they did?

And I find it hard to believe that they have been lying to us all these years about the amount of seats (18,200). Yeah, it's an even number.

Last edited:

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I've noticed the same thing with Knick games not being 19,763 , so have seats for both teams been knocked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->