Post-Game Talk: Home ice: secured Vasy: shaky Pat Maroon: still fat- Panthers take home ice with a dominant 4-0 win

Pat Maroon? More like

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
I'm the exact opposite.

I want Bob, I want Bob to be "the guy", I want Bob to know, as far as I'm concerned(as the coach) that he is the guy, and I want him to OWN them, and then let them(the Bolts) know after every save that he OWNS THEM, and then watch them crumble after every save, every Bennett check, after every Huby impossible pass, after every Barky goal....just drown in their own disbelief on how this Panthers team took them apart piece by piece.
Wow... just wow....

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
that's hockey. you bang on your opponents' skill players. others were going after barkov as well. but you didn't hear goldie say anything about them.

if stammer was in the game, you can be sure lomberg and marchment would be finishing every check on them. i don't think you'd hear TB PBP guy saying they were "looking for trouble". that is a loaded phrase.

No it is not. You are reading into it a bunch of made up crap that Goldie never meant to communicate.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Tampa have some regrets about keeping some of those AHL level guys they had on the ice in this game over Verhaeghe. He may have been a little bit rusty, but it was nice to see him wiggle around the OZ looking to make plays. They sure could have used some more of that and some less of Gemel Smith and the likes.

Good read on Panthers systems

Great read. Last season was a little disappointing, but the addition of an elite coach is starting to pay off. It would probably have been difficult to analyze the Panthers' system at times in years past, either because there was none or because there were too many poorly coached (or uncoachable) players.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I am probably the only one who noticed, but did anyone else pick up last night that Goldie basically read one of my posts word-for-word on air last night, I think in the third?
About the Lightning thinking they can just flip a switch, and he questions whether they can.

Don't tell me he doesn't read these boards!
:teach:

I can confirm I read these boards Cold Cat :)

I'll name check you on the next broadcast. Especially if Bob is playing ;)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if Tampa have some regrets about keeping some of those AHL level guys they had on the ice in this game over Verhaeghe. He may have been a little bit rusty, but it was nice to see him wiggle around the OZ looking to make plays. They sure could have used some more of that and some less of Gemel Smith and the likes.
I wonder if it wasn't just Ver betting on himself and going somewhere with plenty of roster spot for him to make his mark.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
E1GrA34X0AIPygM

Weegar deserves Norris votes. 36 Points, 31 even strength. Adam Fox getting the praise when he has more PP points than even strength 23 PP points to 22 EV. Weegar would have more production if he actually got decent PP time.

Norris should really start rewarding better 5v5 Play.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
E1GrA34X0AIPygM

Weegar deserves Norris votes. 36 Points, 31 even strength. Adam Fox getting the praise when he has more PP points than even strength 23 PP points to 22 EV. Weegar would have more production if he actually got decent PP time.

Norris should really start rewarding better 5v5 Play.

Love Weegar, the guy wants to win and wants to win HERE. He lives for the challenge to beat the big teams in the league and I see him as a Panthers lifer, give him the A already.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
It has been an amazing regular season for the Panthers. Can we start a thread for your Best or Favorite Panthers experience, at a game, at a Panthers event…?

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
They were. Gemel Smith, after being called for a penalty on Anthony Duclair, immediately skated directly across the ice and cross-checked Barkov. They also started a fight after a clean hit by Marchment. You know, the one featured in the clip you quoted?

For me that cross check was very weak, nothing out of the ordinary.

But they 100% did not “start a fight” after the Marchment hit. The player that Marchy hit got up and grabbed Marchy, Smith and Walcott were literally standing there watching the two hug each other. It wasn’t until Connauton came and jumped on the two hugging guys that Walcott stepped into the issue.

Furthmore, no Bolts mucked it up after whistles or in front of the net. I don’t get where the calls of “gooning it up” come from from last game. It was nothing like Saturday.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
For me that cross check was very weak, nothing out of the ordinary.

But they 100% did not “start a fight” after the Marchment hit. The player that Marchy hit got up and grabbed Marchy, Smith and Walcott were literally standing there watching the two hug each other. It wasn’t until Connauton came and jumped on the two hugging guys that Walcott stepped into the issue.

Furthmore, no Bolts mucked it up after whistles or in front of the net. I don’t get where the calls of “gooning it up” come from from last game. It was nothing like Saturday.

I personally don't think anyone that says they were "gooning it up" really understands what the Gino Odjicks, Marty McSorleys, of the NHL past used to do almost EVERY GAME when things were out of hand against they're respective teams. Those were Goons, and like the old saying used to go, "if you can"t beat em, beat um up".

That's not what happened at all, although, the slugging of Tippett while he was face down on the ice was a bit cowardly, if nothing else, but meh, he's a big boy.

Now, that being said, Mr. Walcott better be happy that it was Kevin Connauton showing him some professional courtesy, and not an "old time goon", or else he'd be on a liquid diet for the next 6-8 weeks until the wires were removed from his jaw.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Love Weegar, the guy wants to win and wants to win HERE. He lives for the challenge to beat the big teams in the league and I see him as a Panthers lifer, give him the A already.

A's going forward for me would be between Weegs, Eks, Tank, Hooby and Bennett. Heart wants to say Eks and Weegs, but Hooby not having an A seems off.

Reactions: wampa13jku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad