Post-Game Talk: Home ice: secured Vasy: shaky Pat Maroon: still fat- Panthers take home ice with a dominant 4-0 win

Pat Maroon? More like

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I loathe the thought of having such a dominant season, and reverting back to the Panthers we've grown to know when it counts, and the hockey world is watching. It turns my stomach, actually.

I don't think they'll revert to garbage if that's what mean lol. They're a good team but the series against Tampa is going to be tough, I can definitely see classic Panthers hockey in the sense that we carry the play 5v5 and they score on the PP and get some garbage goals. And let's not forget that we've been getting pretty good puck luck the last two meetings while Tampa hasn't gotten any, that could change quickly.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I don't think they'll revert to garbage if that's what mean lol. They're a good team but the series against Tampa is going to be tough, I can definitely see classic Panthers hockey in the sense that we carry the play 5v5 and they score on the PP and get some garbage goals. And let's not forget that we've been getting pretty good puck luck the last two meetings while Tampa hasn't gotten any, that could change quickly.
It didn't really look like they tried very much last game. They'll look completely different in the playoffs, they are surprisingly physical, so hopefully we can match that.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
I loathe the thought of having such a dominant season, and reverting back to the Panthers we've grown to know when it counts, and the hockey world is watching. It turns my stomach, actually.

Let me make myself crystal clear: Whether we face Kuch and Stammer or the Syracuse Crunch, THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS AND THEREFORE THE OVERWHELMING FAVORITES AGAINST EVERY OPPONENT

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
This ludite needs help. I have a Roku and had the league-wide pass for the regular season through the NHL app. How do I watch the playoffs? Thank you, in advance.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It didn't really look like they tried very much last game. They'll look completely different in the playoffs, they are surprisingly physical, so hopefully we can match that.

I don't really agree with that. I think both teams looked like they tried about the same in both games. The Saturday game, the Panthers were very rested and Tampa was coming off of a B2B, but I don't think there was a huge disparity in effort. Tampa was gooning it up in both games and got physically abused by the Panthers.

Other than the obvious of Bobrovsky, Sam Bennett is going to be the key player for Florida in this series, IMO.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Nice win win for the franchise. While I’ll take the shutout dub all day long, it seemed we allowed too many odd-man rushes/breakaways last night. We can’t play with fire like that in the playoffs against a solid Tampa team. But again, great win!

-ghoste

Reactions: FlaPanthers11

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
goldie's comment on the how the joseph/walcott line has been "looking for trouble all night" was worse than cringeworthy.

They were. Gemel Smith, after being called for a penalty on Anthony Duclair, immediately skated directly across the ice and cross-checked Barkov. They also started a fight after a clean hit by Marchment. You know, the one featured in the clip you quoted?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Should be a rather easy decision from both parties. Montour was looking forward joining a playoff team and if Zito can sign a +20min TOI top4 RD for circa $4mil per then he should absolutely do it.

Yeah. RD looks wonderful
Ekblad, Weegar, Montour would be awesome.

Then down the left do Nuti, Forsling, Gudas.

That would be challenging for top 10 in the league scaling higher if Ekblad plays like he did this season

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

I'd reckon that Gudas' minutes needs to be managed because as this shortened&compacted season reached its half-way point he started to look exhausted. I'm thinking that he'll be the heir for the role of the 7th dman for the next season. Forsling, Nuti and Gildon for the LD spots. If I had to guess then Gildon will be Ek's pair considering how well he's doing in Bakersfield.

Reactions: Gentle Man

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am probably the only one who noticed, but did anyone else pick up last night that Goldie basically read one of my posts word-for-word on air last night, I think in the third?
About the Lightning thinking they can just flip a switch, and he questions whether they can.

Don't tell me he doesn't read these boards!
:teach:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
They were. Gemel Smith, after being called for a penalty on Anthony Duclair, immediately skated directly across the ice and cross-checked Barkov. They also started a fight after a clean hit by Marchment. You know, the one featured in the clip you quoted?

that's hockey. you bang on your opponents' skill players. others were going after barkov as well. but you didn't hear goldie say anything about them.

if stammer was in the game, you can be sure lomberg and marchment would be finishing every check on them. i don't think you'd hear TB PBP guy saying they were "looking for trouble". that is a loaded phrase.

Reactions: FlaPanthers11

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah. RD looks wonderful
Ekblad, Weegar, Montour would be awesome.

That would be challenging for top 10 in the league scaling higher if Ekblad plays like he did this season
I'd reckon that Gudas' minutes needs to be managed because as this shortened&compacted season reached its half-way point he started to look exhausted. I'm thinking that he'll be the heir for the role of the 7th dman for the next season. Forsling, Nuti and Gildon for the LD spots. If I had to guess then Gildon will be Ek's pair considering how well he's doing in Bakersfield.
Yeah, that's the route I hope they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad