Home Hardware CHL Top Prospects Rosters Announced Today.....

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
It is basically a vote by the NHL GM's....with write in votes allowed.

Example is Edmonton's M. St. Croix......Central Scouting feels/felt he should be on the roster but not enough GM's voted to send him.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Don't Huberdeau, Phillips and Jurco all play on the same line in Saint John? It'll be weird for Jurco not to be with them

They got split up a couple of weeks ago. Huberdeau and Phillips have been playing with Steven Anthony (VAN 7th round 2008), which Jurco is playing with Kirkpatrick (undrafted 20 year-old) and Galiev (WAS 3rd round 2009).

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
I think I'm actually most surprised by the absence of Stefan Noesen. Hard working forward with good size who's been dynamite offensively all season for Plymouth. He's a better prospect than Barrie's Mark Scheifele IMO.

Agreed... both Noesen & khokolchev have delivered the first half of the season and are probably better prospects than other more hyped players. Too bad for the kids, they deserve the opprotunity to compete.

QMJHL37

Aug 3, 2010
Gatineau
What a joke not having Shane Prince at this event. #1 in scoring and #1 in +/- of all Draft Eligible players in the entire CHL. If that doesn't make a player a Top Prospect I don't know what does.
This notion of Prince being small is also a bunch of hooey. Without question he is all of the 5'11" he's listed as.Not big but big enough for the NHL right now and a lot bigger than at least 4 of the Top Prospects chosen. And according to the 67s one of the strongest players if not the strongest player in the weight room.
Nothing CS does should surprise anyone though. I still believe Prince will be chosen between 15-32 overall. Obviously he is still a well kept secret to CS but I doubt he's a secret to NHL teams. Smartest player on the ice with speed and skill according to Kilrea. Killers seen a lot of great players come through here so that's a real compliment. No matter how you look at its still quite insane that a player leading in Points and +/- in all of Canada isn't a Top Prospect. Crazy.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
What a joke not having Shane Prince at this event. #1 in scoring and #1 in +/- of all Draft Eligible players in the entire CHL. If that doesn't make a player a Top Prospect I don't know what does.
This notion of Prince being small is also a bunch of hooey. Without question he is all of the 5'11" he's listed as.Not big but big enough for the NHL right now and a lot bigger than at least 4 of the Top Prospects chosen. And according to the 67s one of the strongest players if not the strongest player in the weight room.
Nothing CS does should surprise anyone though. I still believe Prince will be chosen between 15-32 overall. Obviously he is still a well kept secret to CS but I doubt he's a secret to NHL teams. Smartest player on the ice with speed and skill according to Kilrea. Killers seen a lot of great players come through here so that's a real compliment. No matter how you look at its still quite insane that a player leading in Points and +/- in all of Canada isn't a Top Prospect. Crazy.

As discussed the 30 NHL GM's construct the rosters not Central Scouting.
He was also left off Team USA......not Central Scoutings doing either.

shotandagoal

Dec 29, 2008
Why the noesen snub? Seems he has out performed and CS has him ranked ahead of several players that have been selected?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->