Recalled/Assigned: Holzer Called Up | Hamilton Assigned

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...n-holzer-in-place-of-injured-carl-gunnarsson/

Carlyle said the decision to recall Holzer over Jake Gardiner was performance-based.

“Jake Gardiner has to separate himself from the rest of the AHL right now,” said Carlyle. “You ask the people who are watching him and who are coaching him and if it’s a positive report, then the player gets consideration. If not, that’s the way life is right now.

“The reality is we want people playing at the top of their game. If that’s the message, then that’s the message. We’re continually going to try and reward people for their commitment.”

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am not a fan of this teeter totter swapping of guys, they are running the ship like preseason. I suspect Nonis to be making some lively trades this year.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
What? Komisarek has played incredible... like a top-4 dman every game.

Holzer has been terrible in the two or three games he played, and I don't really see anything to improve on lol.

A good depth guy I guess.

I feel like Hamilton should have stayed up, just because he can bring more than a McLaren/Orr.

While I agree, it seems to me that all this activity of switching players in/out is mostly because they are trying to evaluate their current roster and the young players readiness to make the jump. The more comfortable management get with the young guys progress by getting their feet wet and easing them into the NHL the more likely they can make a sound decision with who becomes tradable in this coming trade deadline and off season.

But hey, that's just me.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Hopefully he will be replacing Fraser, he was awful last night minus his fights. He had so many turn overs and was out of position a lot and screwed up holding the puck in the Bruins zone on the point mutiple times. Only good thing is his physical play

What are you looking for in your 3rd D pairing.
Big guy, will take the body, will fight for the team, can kill penalties, tied for highest +/-on the team.
Dude is doing just fine. He adds secondary toughness after Orr, gets limited minutes.
Love the guy for the role he is in.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I am not a fan of this teeter totter swapping of guys, they are running the ship like preseason. I suspect Nonis to be making some lively trades this year.

It is likely due to injuries.... Holzer had a minor injury earlier this season I believe? Gunnarson has a lower-body/groin injury, and Gardiner is out of shape due to his concussion.

I really hope Kostka was on the first pairing just because Gunnarson wasn't 100%. I'd love if our lines in a week or so (Whenever Gunnarson and Gardiner are at 100%) are:

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Gardiner - Komisarek (If he keeps up his play)
Liles/Kostka/Franson

I think one of our Dmen could be traded. I know having an extra guy is good, but if we include Fraser we have 5 guys fighting for two spots (Kostka/Franson/Liles/Holzer/Fraser)

Problem is we currently have 7 guys that deserve to be playing based on their play so far (assuming Gardiner starts to feel good soon).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->