HOLY MACKINAW,Joe Bowen interview talks about,favorite Leaf ,fight & being a homer

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Joe talks about his early days, being a leafs homer his favorite Leaf and favorite fight. Joe is a class act Holy Mackinaw what an interview. Matt Nichol ex Leaf trainer stops by for an irish hello with Joe.

Itunes

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/leaf-matters/id577173646?mt=2

Other

http://www.podalmighty.com/leafsmatters/13-leafmatters.mp3

joe%20bowen.jpg

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You guys got a good list of guests going, although that Holy Mackinaw at the end seemed a little half-hearted.:laugh:

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
I agree I was hoping for a huge one, he was a great guest, and it was so cool how Mat Nichol was around the studio and came in on the conversation. It's cool to talk to these guys and people like Quinn that are just as big of Leafs fans as us.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Hey guys thanks for helping a Leafs show make it to number 1 podcast, on the Canada New and Noteworthy chart Itunes. Your ideas would help us. I'm going to blast HF boards as a shout out on our next show as a cool place for Leaf Nation to hang out and learn about our boys. Thanks again Leaf Nation rules.

we%20are%201.jpg

Reactions: Confucius

scottcwheeler

Nov 22, 2012
Keep up the good work Matteo. You and Michael make for an intriguing listen and as previously mentioned, the guests have been great. Interesting to see the perspective and outlook that Joe takes into a game as a professional. He's a much more jovial broadcaster than many others these days.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Don't understand why he's not on TV. Why does it matter if he's a homer? That's what the fans want.

Seems every fanbase can have a homer commentator except for us. Bowen is light years better than anyone in TV.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Don't understand why he's not on TV. Why does it matter if he's a homer? That's what the fans want.

Seems every fanbase can have a homer commentator except for us. Bowen is light years better than anyone in TV.

TSN said yes to Joe on TV, SN said no.

SN overpaid for the broadcast rights and wanted to use already in house talent.

Joe would only do all TV or no TV, so he does all radio.

Not living in the Leafs region I don't get to hear him (no Leafs radio and trying to sync a radio stream with a TV game is a pita), I have to say I really wish he was on TV.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Bowen’s homerism bugs other fan bases so I’m down with that. Then add best in the business for quality of broadcaster and not doing leaf games to the equation and you get. Politics in the business.
Ferarro rocks. He would be a great guest. He’s just so personable like Bowsie

edit: so I can’t get in to the link. .?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Our TV announcers are hurting.

Our radio announcers are top shelf. LOVE Bowen and Ralph.

And yes it is very-very unfortunate we can't hear Joe on the TV broadcasts. politics or whatever. Can't somebody just fix this???

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I love how he added comedy into his broadcasts - him and Harry Neale were a great team, and even with Millen he was good.

Cool side story: My buddy was helping out a local (Windsor) charity golf tournament that JF Jr was one of the head organizers, and there were a lot of sports personalities at. Well, that day I was at work, or out, and Bowen was there. Sure enough he got Bowen to give me a call on my landline and I had this awesome voicemail from Joe Bowen congratulating me on my recent engagement and end the message with a holy mackinaw!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad