Holy crap. Billy Sweatt just DESTROYED Ryan Stoa.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What a BEAUTY of a hit. We have hit threads all the time on the NHL board, so why not one here!?

WHAT A HIT.

Reminded me nearly exactly of MA Bergeron's hit on Morrow. Just at a faster speed.

Credit to Stoa, too, as he got up and rejoined the play.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
What a BEAUTY of a hit. We have hit threads all the time on the NHL board, so why not one here!?

WHAT A HIT.

Reminded me nearly exactly of MA Bergeron's hit on Morrow. Just at a faster speed.

Credit to Stoa, too, as he got up and rejoined the play.
How was the rest of the game? And as a Leafs fan, I'm curious- how did Chad Rau look?

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
"DESTROYED" seems a little strong. Stoa got flipped because he realized he was in a vulnerable spot, so he tried to jump over Sweatt who was coming in low for a nice hip check. The hit looked cool, but wasn't exactly physically punishing. Stoa popped right up.

I really like Billy Sweatt though. All around solid player. And the whole game was exciting tonight.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"DESTROYED" seems a little strong. Stoa got flipped because he realized he was in a vulnerable spot, so he tried to jump over Sweatt who was coming in low for a nice hip check. The hit looked cool, but wasn't exactly physically punishing. Stoa popped right up.

I really like Billy Sweatt though. All around solid player. And the whole game was exciting tonight.

No, destroyed is definitely the right word. It was exactly the same as the MA Bergeron hit on Morrow. Morrow was destroyed in that hit. Maybe demolished is a better word? ;)

Kramy

Jul 11, 2006
Québec
I've seen Sweatt a little bit during the WJC, not enough to get a strong opinion on him but I'd like to have your take about what type of player he could become.

Is it fair to compare him to guys like Chris Higgins, Brendan Morrow or Brendan Shanahan?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Brendan Morrow, Brendan Shannahan...NO!!

Bill Sweatt is just a tireless skater. IMO, the best skater of the draft. Fast, incredibally fast. A little weak though but when he puts up some weight he can be a really good prospect. His speed alone will help any team on the PK at least. Right now, he just looks like a solid all around player. He can really set up the team mates but doesnt shoot a lot. If he works on his finishing skill, he's IMO a top 7 pick. He'll go higher than most people expect though. IMO, he wont last after 15.

There is an article of him by HF boards. Here is the link.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9384

Bam Beet*

Yeah, definitely. The guy is a good prospect, no doubt. STUD? No way.

Depends whats the definition of "stud". If by "stud" you mean top line player who scores lots of points then no he is not, however if you think "stud" means someone who has a very high chance of making to the NHL and be a solid player then I guess he is. Anyways what style would you compare him to? I was thinking maybe a younger Michael Peca or Jeff Halpern?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad