Holtby Allows Three Goals, Leaves Game With A 0.00 Save Percentage

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby and Malkin won the Pens so many cups.
Lemieux and Jagr won the Pens so many cups.
With the amount of superstar forwards Pittsburgh has had over the years they could have put a pylon in net and won.

If MAF was garbage he would be sucking in Vegas which he is definitely not.

That being said I would take MAF and Holtby over that dud Hellebuyck.
MAF and Holtby are the real deal.

Fluery had a sv% in the 800's for 4 straight seasons during the Penguins best cup window, including a GAA of 4.63 and 3.51

The fact you're defending that is insane. We're talking about a goalie that got told to limit his handling of the puck, because he continually fumbled it under pressure. We're talking about a guy who sent himself to see a psychologist because he couldn't mentally handle the playoffs.

Reactions: Galactico

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
We're talking about a goalie that got told to limit his handling of the puck, because he continually fumbled it under pressure. We're talking about a guy who sent himself to see a psychologist because he couldn't mentally handle the playoffs.

The question is WHY are you talking about him?

Stop derailing the thread. Get back on topic.

Reactions: DearDiary

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In 06-07 Ken Hitchcock pulled Antero Niittymaki temporarily, I guess to wake the team up. He tried to put him back in at the next stoppage, but he wasn't able to because the Flyers iced the puck and no substitutions were allowed.

The replacement goalie was Martin Houle, and he ended up giving up a goal almost immediately after the face off. That was his only appearance in the NHL. He made two saves, but he left with a 27.27 GAA and .667 save percentage.

Not the exact same thing, but it's interesting because of the weird circumstances.

I remember that game, that was the Crosby 6 point game that was on the "Penguins best games" collection about 10 years ago.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I remember that game, that was the Crosby 6 point game that was on the "Penguins best games" collection about 10 years ago.

Yeah, that was the game. I also enjoyed the PA announcements.

"Now in goal for Philadelphia, #35 Martin Houle."
*a minute later*
"Now in goal for Philadelphia, #30 Antero Niittymaki"
*less than a minute later*
"Now in goal for Philadelphia, #35 Martin Houle."

I wonder if this is the only time the icing rule came into play this way. It could be a sneaky way for a coach to get his players a breather.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad