Holtby Allows Three Goals, Leaves Game With A 0.00 Save Percentage

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You mean the Matt Murray that won Pittsburgh a cup because he got hot at the right time and is not even a shadow of how good Marc Andre Fleury is.

I would take Holtby over Murray too.

At one point, I would have taken Holtby over pretty much any goalie in the league. Now, though, I'm not so sure.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
You mean the Matt Murray that won Pittsburgh a cup because he got hot at the right time and is not even a shadow of how good Marc Andre Fleury is.

I would take Holtby over Murray too.

Fleury cost the Pens 3 more potential cup runs in 2010, 2012 and 2014 with his poor play. All of this while Crosby and Malkin were at their peak.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
what will go unnoticed is the solidarity Holtby showed fellow goaltender Michael Leighton ,by honoring him with this performance , who recently retired. Holtby is nothing but class I applaud him.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Fleury cost the Pens 3 more potential cup runs in 2010, 2012 and 2014 with his poor play. All of this while Crosby and Malkin were at their peak.

Crosby and Malkin won the Pens so many cups.
Lemieux and Jagr won the Pens so many cups.
With the amount of superstar forwards Pittsburgh has had over the years they could have put a pylon in net and won.

If MAF was garbage he would be sucking in Vegas which he is definitely not.

That being said I would take MAF and Holtby over that dud Hellebuyck.
MAF and Holtby are the real deal.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Much as I hate the Flames could see them getting him and him doing well there

They have the assets and can flip Talbot to WAS in the trade as backup for rest of the year

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I haven't even heard about this guy before. That's impressive for him to let in this many goals, congrats!

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Holtby won a cup and has success in the playoffs.

I would take his consistency/humbleness instead of Hellebuyck's inconsistency/arrogance.
He had playoff success in 1 season. Every other year has been a failure.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Goalies that think that they are better than they actually are because they are arrogant are worthless in my opinion.

Those specific traits are the reason our goalie gets blown out almost every night and can not hold multi goal lead in the 3rd period.

Other than the last three starts where he won and played excellent.

I get it, you don’t like Hellebuyck, but you’re picking a really strange time to go on your usual rant.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Crosby and Malkin won the Pens so many cups.
Lemieux and Jagr won the Pens so many cups.
With the amount of superstar forwards Pittsburgh has had over the years they could have put a pylon in net and won.

If MAF was garbage he would be sucking in Vegas which he is definitely not.

That being said I would take MAF and Holtby over that dud Hellebuyck.
MAF and Holtby are the real deal.
There is no chance the Pens would have won any Cups with Phaneuf as a goalie.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Other than the last three starts where he won and played excellent.

I get it, you don’t like Hellebuyck, but you’re picking a really strange time to go on your usual rant.

The last 3 starts by Hellebuyck are not last season where he was unreliable and delusional.
If he does not get his shit together he can leave town like Trouba.

I do not trust Hellebuyck in our net anymore and he has done nothing for us in the playoffs.

If Washington wants to throw Holtby in the garbage I would pick that dumpster clean.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
In 06-07 Ken Hitchcock pulled Antero Niittymaki temporarily, I guess to wake the team up. He tried to put him back in at the next stoppage, but he wasn't able to because the Flyers iced the puck and no substitutions were allowed.

The replacement goalie was Martin Houle, and he ended up giving up a goal almost immediately after the face off. That was his only appearance in the NHL. He made two saves, but he left with a 27.27 GAA and .667 save percentage.

Not the exact same thing, but it's interesting because of the weird circumstances.

Reactions: Faterson

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
This thread is the goalie version of the old adage "No matter how beautiful a woman is, someone somewhere is tired of her."

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
This "record" is held by Don Beaupre - who allowed 4 goals on 4 shots in around 13 minutes. This was against Lemieux's Penguins; Le Magnifique only picked up one assist during this barrage.

Pittsburgh Penguins at Washington Capitals Box Score — November 24, 1989 | Hockey-Reference.com.

My internal database only goes back to 1967-68, but Beaupre shares the record (in that time span) with Dan Bouchard, who allowed four goals on four shots, in 5:37 of action, in a 6-4 loss to the Canadiens on March 27, 1979.

Montréal Canadiens - Atlanta Flames - March 27th, 1979

The_News_Journal_Wed__Mar_28__1979_.jpg

Interestingly enough, none of Beaupre, Bouchard and Holtby were credited with their teams' losses in the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->