Holtby Allows Three Goals, Leaves Game With A 0.00 Save Percentage

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I will gladly take Holtby in Winnipeg.

Our goalies suck ass.

Holtby hasnt been good in a couple years. .911SV%, .907SV% the year before. He hasnt been elite, if anything he has been below average.

I get Winnepeg has some problems in net, but I think you can do better than Holtby.

And he is off to another bad start this season. I'm not sure I'd consider him a top starter in the NHL anymore. His time as an elite goaltender might be over.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
His pedigree is still very strong. Obviously Samsonov is the future. Holt by by the end of the season should have normal numbers.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You mean the guy who was runner up for Vezina and has a 0.928 save percentage through 4 games this season? You would honestly take Holtby over him?

The Hellebuyck hate. Just let it go, bud. :laugh:

Holtby won a cup and has success in the playoffs.

I would take his consistency/humbleness instead of Hellebuyck's inconsistency/arrogance.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Holtby hasnt been good in a couple years. .911SV%, .907SV% the year before. He hasnt been elite, if anything he has been below average.

I get Winnepeg has some problems in net, but I think you can do better than Holtby.

And he is off to another bad start this season. I'm not sure I'd consider him a top starter in the NHL anymore. His time as an elite goaltender might be over.

Hellebuyck is riding one good season and we overpaid him as a result with a boat anchor contract.
He was hot garbage last year.

Holtby will bounce back and has shown consistency while being grounded.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Is humbleness (instead of classiness) the new HF metric for assessing goalies?

Goalies that think that they are better than they actually are because they are arrogant are worthless in my opinion.

Those specific traits are the reason our goalie gets blown out almost every night and can not hold multi goal lead in the 3rd period.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
His pedigree is still very strong. Obviously Samsonov is the future. Holt by by the end of the season should have normal numbers.

Statistically, he's been declining over the past couple years. Mind you, he managed to get it together en route to a Cup. However, the shine is starting to wear off.

Reactions: SI90

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Goalies that think that they are better than they actually are because they are arrogant are worthless in my opinion.

Those specific traits are the reason our goalie gets blown out almost every night and can not hold multi goal lead in the 3rd period.

This seems like a pretty fictitious claim.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

In fairness, I agree he allows some goals he shouldn’t, but the Caps, including with Trotz when everyone hailed their defense, stops lots of lesser shots, but hemorrhage high-danger scoring chances.

In the Cup year, they were second worst after the Isles. Their heat maps generally always feature white surrounding a super deep big blob of color right in front of their net and in the slot, but with overall low shot totals

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Does Hellebuyck play for your team.

I would trade Hellebuyck for Holtby straight up.

No, Murray, who's known to go through stretches of poor play, does. However, I don't do a character assassination when he does.

Part of goaltending is mental. However, you're taking it a tad too far.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No, Murray, who's known to go through stretches of poor play, does. However, I don't do a character assassination when he does.

You mean the Matt Murray that won Pittsburgh a cup because he got hot at the right time and is not even a shadow of how good Marc Andre Fleury is.

I would take Holtby over Murray too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->