Holmstrom officially retiring at 4:30 ET presser

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I still say they should hang his pants in front of the opposing goalie's net.

:D

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Hated his play on ice last year as he wasn't very good, but man I'm definitely going to miss him. I'd love to see an alumni game in 10 or so years with a line up of

Shanahan- Yzerman- Fedorov
Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Holmstrom
Maltby- Draper- McCarty

Lidstrom

Osgood

The rest can be whoever.

That's a dynasty roster that can't be beat. Enjoy retirement Holmstrom.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
You talk about a guy who made a career in the NHL out of nothing. There is, has been, or will be no one that posessed the skill nor the willingness to take punishment that Homer did.

Now, who is his replacement?

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You talk about a guy who made a career in the NHL out of nothing. There is, has been, or will be no one that posessed the skill nor the willingness to take punishment that Homer did.

Now, who is his replacement?

It'd be a square peg being forced into a round hole for anyone on the roster or on the way up from what I can tell. You have to park a guy in front of the goalie every now and then and some guys can make a few plays that way, but nowhere near Homer's level. Time to switch up the offensive philosophy, especially on the PP.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I found out some things I did not know.

I think it was 12th overall in points for the Red Wings career and 6th overall in games played. :handclap:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Good good that speech was hilarious. :yo: It made me feel really good how funny person he really is. It was nice to feel good between these all bad feelings regarding to current season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad