Holmstrom officially retiring at 4:30 ET presser

Wingdings

Jun 5, 2011
MI
Will miss him, fer sure.

Love the comparison of winning the cup in 2008 "like eating a sandwich at night" haha.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really Detroit media one question is all we got for the guy?

Have heard he is planning on staying in Detroit, would have liked to have heard him asked about that.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Hated his play on ice last year as he wasn't very good, but man I'm definitely going to miss him. I'd love to see an alumni game in 10 or so years with a line up of

Shanahan- Yzerman- Fedorov
Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Holmstrom
Maltby- Draper- McCarty

Lidstrom

Osgood

The rest can be whoever.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I enjoyed Holmstrom throughout his entire career. I remember hearing about the Swedish Demolition Man before he made the jump across the pond from Sweden, I remember his first game for whatever reason.

I know he caught a lot of garbage the past few seasons, but I always enjoyed watching him, it was always so comical and entertaining. I know it was time but I'm still sad to see him go.

All the best, Homer, you had an excellent career, thank you for all you did for the Wings.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
More of a locker room loss than a on ice loss, but a loss nonetheless. Great character guy, and even at this age he still was still the best net front presence in the league AINEC.
He was always one of my favourite Wings and I wish him good luck in retirement.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Homer was interviewed on Red Wings Live pregame on FSD before the game tonight- let's start a campaign to have him take over Keating's job. Sure, we'd only understand 60% of what he's saying, but it'd be 100% less annoying and more entertaining than Keating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad