Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

The link at the bottom of that article goes to a tell-all by the girl, herself, who says that she was 16 when she started living with Tyler. That was the age of consent in a lot of states 45 years ago. Also, if not that, the guardianship might've made it legal, similar to how it is to marry a minor with the parents' consent (and/or signing over guardianship). Either way, Tyler and the woman appear to be quite open about it and the fact that he got her pregnant at 17, as if there was nothing illegal about it (plus, I'm sure that he checked with lawyers), so I imagine that there wasn't. If you just mean "outed" as in attention being brought to it and him suffering in the public eye because of it, anyways, I suppose that that's possible, but probably not likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoyleG and Voight

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
The link at the bottom of that article goes to a tell-all by the girl, herself, who says that she was 16 when she started living with Tyler. That was the age of consent in a lot of states 45 years ago. Also, if not that, the guardianship might've made it legal, similar to how it is to marry a minor with the parents' consent (and/or signing over guardianship). Either way, Tyler and the woman appear to be quite open about it and the fact that he got her pregnant at 17, as if there was nothing illegal about it (plus, I'm sure that he checked with lawyers), so I imagine that there wasn't. If you just mean "outed" as in attention being brought to it and him suffering in the public eye because of it, anyways, I suppose that that's possible, but probably not likely.

Okay! So you can poke holes in the story and it’s not the most solid case ever, but people are getting cancelled over much less. I’m just surprised at the lack of attention that type of stuff gets from the public

I get it though, it was a different time and the court of public opinion operated differently

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Okay! So you can poke holes in the story and it’s not the most solid case ever, but people are getting cancelled over much less. I’m just surprised at the lack of attention that type of stuff gets from the public

I get it though, it was a different time and the court of public opinion operated differently

I wasn't trying to poke holes in it or contradict you in any way. Sorry if it sounded like I was. I was just offering my speculation as to why it's never gotten much attention and may never.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I wasn't trying to poke holes in it or contradict you in any way. Sorry if it sounded like I was. I was just offering my speculation as to why it's never gotten much attention and may never.

No! I don’t mind at all. It’s still a disturbing story and I’m sure it doesn’t stop there, especially in the rock world

archangel2

May 19, 2019
LOL! I thought the same thing when I saw the post about Tyler.

He has nothing on Page.

There are 3 books out there written by underage groupies that give graphic detain of Jimmy Page and his love for girls between 13 and 15 that carried on for 30 years

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
if you have to ask, you have not been paying attention

I don't think that's the type of thing most people pay attention to. And as I don't know what you're talking about I think you have to take it for granted that a lot of crazy shit went on with these big rock stars in the 60's/70's/80's, so are we talking about a sex & drug fuelled past or recent stuff?

I have a decent impression of the guy just because he did a pretty decent thing when he came through Vancouver 10 years ago. My girlfriend was working at the big downtown makeup store at the time, and Tyler caused a big fuss when he came in before his show. He heard one of the girls working there was a massive fan but she wasn't there as her shift started later. So he surprised everyone a second time when he came back later during that shift and sang her a song.

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad