Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment claims: 'One of the most open secrets in Hollywood'
Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades
Weinsten to be charged
Harvey Weinstein 'to surrender to police'

Turning himself in tomorrow
this is one of those things that has been awhile in the making

Ashley Judd has gone on record a lot of times about what Weinstein did during business meetings and Weinstein admitted a few years ago he made sure other producers understood if they hire her--they could not work for his company.

The Weinstein brothers are pretty influential when it comes to getting movies done-will be interesting to see where this leads

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...ssment-allegation_us_59d7ea3de4b046f5ad984211

Harvey Weinstein once trapped a woman in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of her until he ejaculated, she says. The accusation comes a day after Weinstein was the subject of a bombshell New York Times report that revealed that he has settled at least eight sexual harassment claims.
The incident took place a decade ago, according to Lauren Sivan, who at the time was a news anchor on a local cable channel in New York, Long Island 12. She says the experience left her shocked, and that while she told friends privately what happened, she remained quiet because she was in a long-term relationship and fearful of the power that Weinstein wielded in the media.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I will never understand why these multi millionaire celebrities have to stoop this low and do such things.

Mind you, he always had that "creepy boss who will give you a raise if you do something for him wink wink" vibe.

His Entourage depiction was funny tho.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I have to laugh or maybe sigh at all of these pics of the accusers/victims yukking it up with this pig. What a terrible place Hollywood must be where you feel compelled to sell your soul to get ahead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rose McGowan has been absolutely on fire with this.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
More interesting would be Ben Afleck. His comments suggests he's "just" hearing about it now, but McGowen's accounts say otherwise, that he was aware of shady dealings, but just didn't do much of anything to curtail them. It seems though his actions weren't actually secrets to the majority of big players in the industry.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
This whole thing smells of damage control...my guess is the problem is far more pervasive than just Weinstein, and now the cat's finally out of the bag, they're throwing him to the dogs to throw their scent off everyone else doing what he does. All that remains from this is seeing if it's successful, or we finally see the decline of Tinseltown as decades of depravity and sex abuse get exposed. There's already been allegations by a number of male child actors that they were abused, but that story went away again without much notice.

I really think we've found out in this the real reason most female actors can't find work after the age of 30, and why so many leading ladies seem devoid of any real personality or acting talent. Paying your dues on the casting couch is all that matters.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This is another one of those things where I assumed this was already well known and that something had already been done about it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya that brother duo are not exactly outstanding or model people. Both are womanizers to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->