Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
here is the thing about the walk of fame--the stars on the ground are paid for either by the star themselves, a company or a fan club--the stars are privately owned--so it would be up to the group that paid for the star
Interesting, i didn't know.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Reactions: TheAngryHank

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He posted a bizarre video in character as Frank Underwood addressing the charges.

Disturbing.

That's some crazy ass shit right there.

It's like he used his Frank Underwood character to discuss his life so that it can't be used against him in court because ... he was just in character ?

That or spending so much time with himself and his ego made him lose his mind.

Anyway, one of the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloned

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That video was posted on Spacey's own YouTube channel

I saw it yesterday and he had 8.5k subscribers, which I thought was quite low considering how long he's had the channel

Anyway, he's up to 24k now

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Surprised no one bumped this after the R. Kelley Docuseries Surviving R. Kelley. Although its be known, suspected, alleged about him in the past im 2 episodes in and this series gutted me. Of all the scumbags out there this guy is the worst of them all. I just dont understand how people can act this way.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
This is all Hollywood really is. Why do you think childhood stars become irrelevant drug addicts?

You know you're screwed though when Lifetime wastes a lot of time making a mini series on you.

Is it? I doubt that. Most actors are low paid and receive infrequent work just trying to grind out a living...probably working other jobs in unrelated fields here or there to pay the mortgage. There are probably thousands or tens of thousands of people who are actors, but lead relatively uneventful, normal lives like the rest of us.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Is it? I doubt that. Most actors are low paid and receive infrequent work just trying to grind out a living...probably working other jobs in unrelated fields here or there to pay the mortgage. There are probably thousands or tens of thousands of people who are actors, but lead relatively uneventful, normal lives like the rest of us.

This is true, in a matter of fact sense.. I managed a jobsite in LA that offered a lot of 'regular' part-time jobs to aspiring actors & musicians. Like u state, a lot of them were grinding it out, only occasionally finding work as background extras, or small speaking roles, etc. But I noticed that a lot of the aspiring actors held similar world views/lifestyles as their more famous peers in acting. The overwhelming majority were transplants from more Conservative locales & families. They often resented & rejected where they came from, and held beliefs they were consistent w/the sometime extreme cultural-Marxism (& decadent lifestyles) of Hollyweird. (I was with 'em on the partying part).
So I agree.. lots of actors w/'regular' jobs, and ordinary lives.. but still different psychologically than the relatively "uneventful" places they leave behind.
I'll also add, that probably less than 5% of the aspiring actors I worked w/were native Angelenos.. most of the actual neighborhood of native Hollywood (south/below the Hollywood Hills) is working class, unrelated to entertainment. Peace.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Just finished Surviving R Kelly. Good God. Those poor girls. He should be in prison for sure.

Seemingly, there are others who enable these sick predators and that is just as abhorrent because they turn a blind eye and are complicit. Sickening.

At least GLAAD pulled singer's nomination. Good on them.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If were pulling movies from awards contention then Detainment should be pulled from Oscar contention. The filmmakers never even spoke to the mother of murdered 3 year old James Bulger before they made a movie about how poorly his killers were treated during police questioning.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
If were pulling movies from awards contention then Detainment should be pulled from Oscar contention. The filmmakers never even spoke to the mother of murdered 3 year old James Bulger before they made a movie about how poorly his killers were treated during police questioning.

That can't be all the film is about, is it? I don't see how a doc predicated on some of the most notorious killers in Britain's history would be in Oscar contention (the Academy being a liberal institution). As long as they're reporting the facts, I don't see an issue. It's possible for two narratives to exist at once: the killers were deplorable and justice was served. However, in doing so, the police abused their rights in a gross way.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The filmmakers weren't obligated to discuss the case with her if they wanted to base the movie on transcriptions moreso than personal testimony. She probably wouldn't have given her blessing anyway. The purpose of the film was to give as unbiased an account as possible, although that seems sort of pointless, IMO. If you want to make a film about the nature of evil that says anything of consequence, looking beyond the murder itself and examining the psyche of Thompson and Venables, recreating interrogations doesn't seem like the way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->