Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game {3 Teams Are Open}

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Taken Teams:
:flyers :habs :wings :pens :panthers :bolts :nucks :ducks :stars :leafs :sens :caps :hawks :coyotes :kings :bruins :blues :avs :sabres :cbj :flames :sharks
Oilers,Rangers,Islanders,Devils,Predators
ALL OTHER TEAMS ARE AVAILABLE, PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN

BELOW STILL NEEDS TO BE SOMEWHAT EDITED
:nhl Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game

League Commissioners- Hollywood Hamels,C-Saku Koivu MTL

These three people oversee the entire game's operations. They each hold the same rank, nobody outranks the other. They may choose to change the rules or guidelines in the game as they see needed. They may elect to seize control of any position in the game (and appoint another when necessary) that is not being managed properly, whether it be to inactivity or other reasons.

Game Outline

• Game begins, teams may trade players and begin GM duties
  • 2008-09 season trade deadline: ????
  • Vote on standings, based off points system (detailed below)
  • Top 8 point getters in each conference make playoffs
  • Vote on playoff series, series by series, round by round till we crown a Stanley Cup Champion.
  • Next after that, its the NHL Entry Draft rounds 1-2.
  • Once the draft is complete, UFA period begins at noon eastern the following day.
Points System for standings - Each GM, agent and person associated with the game will each submit their guesses to what the standings will be at the end of the regular season, by conference. 15 points for 1st place finish, 14 points for 2nd place finish, etc. until the last place team in each conference gets 1 point. Keep in mind the NHL standings right now. The trades made in this game should not have a dramatic effect on the standings. For the playoff rounds, once the matchups are determined for the 1st round each participant will vote on who they think will win each series. Most votes wins, obviously. There will be deadlines to have your votes in, so make sure you get yours in. Points system for standings example:

Eastern Conference
Boston = 15 points
Washington = 14 points
New Jersey = 13 points
Montreal = 12 points
Philadelphia = 11 points
NY Rangers = 10 points
Buffalo = 9 points
Pittsburgh = 8 points
Florida = 7 points
Toronto = 6 points
Ottawa = 5 points
Carolina = 4 points
Atlanta = 3 points
NY Islanders = 2 points
Tampa Bay = 1 point

Western Conference
San Jose = 15 points
Detroit = 14 points
Minnesota = 13 points
Chicago = 12 points
Anaheim = 11 points
Vancouver = 10 points
Calgary = 9 points
Colorado = 8 points
Nashville = 7 points
Phoenix = 6 points
Columbus = 5 points
Los Angeles = 4 points
Edmonton = 3 points
Dallas = 2 points
St. Louis = 1 point

Trade Committee process - Hollywood Hamels will not only keep track of all trades, but for the most part he is the trade committee. In order for a trade to be finalized, it must be sent to him first. If other GM's feel the trade is unfair or unrealistic they can vote to veto it. However Hollywood Hamels has the final say.

Buyouts/Waivers
Each GM will be allowed to pursue the buyout option on up to one player on his roster. To buyout a player, you must first put them on waivers. After 24 hours, if the player is not picked up, you can buy the player out, or you can bring them back through re-entry waivers, in hopes of another GM claiming the player, which would count only half of the players salary against the cap. Teams will be allowed to send 1 veteran down in the minors after this players clear waivers but there will be restrictions.

Here they are:

-Teams cannot send down a veteran that has more than 2 years to his contract.
-Teams cannot send down a veteran they signed in this game.

You can continue to waive players if you want to but then you will either have to buy them out or keep them on your roster.

All buyouts must be final before the beginning of Free Agency.

NTCs and NMCs
Every GM's worst nightmare...beware! nhlscap.com has this list of players who fall in these categories. Trades involving a player with a NTC/NMC will be taken very seriously in this game. Each will be reviewed by the three league commissioners and a decision will be made. The rule will be if a player has a NTC or NMC than he will not go anywhere. Exceptions will be rare.

Teams that are looking to trade players on their roster who have a LNTC/NTC/NMC needs to have a talk with the Commisioner before anything happens. Get a list of teams your player would agree to be traded to and if the player has a NTC or NMC and that list is zero teams then so be it.

If you trade a player that has any of those clause without consulting prior to the trade, it could be automatically rejected by the commitee.

WAIVERS THREAD - In this game we will have a thread for waivers. A GM who wants to place a player on waivers will announce it in the main thread, then post it in the waivers thread. The time stamp of the post will determine when the 24 hours begins. If a team wants to place a claim on the player, they will indicate their interest by posting a request to claim in this thread. Waiver claims will always be determined by whatever the real NHL standings are at the time of the claim.

So for example: say the Boston GM waived Zdeno Chara. The Boston GM would post that he is waiving the player in the threads (both main thread and waivers thread). And say, 15 teams claimed him...but which one is furthest down the standings in the NHL right now? That team gets him.

Retirements/ LTIR - If you want one of your players to retire or be place on long term injury, this will also be handled by the trade committee. Same way we approve trades or not. You will need 2 approval to make it official.

If a player is placed on LTIR, they still count against the cap, but that team can spend over the actual cap in the amount of the player’s contract.

Example: Player A's cap hit is $2.5 million and they are placed on LTIR. He still counts to the cap, but the team's payroll can equal $58.5 million instead of the actual cap of $56 million.

Coach Hiring - Hollywood Hamels will be the agent for all coaches. If a team would like to hire a new coach, please post that request in the thread. Any other GM with interest in the same coach should post, within 24 hours, that they would like the same coach to join their organization. If after 24 hours, no one has expressed interest, the coach "signs" with the original poster. If more than one team expresses interest in the 24 hour period, an agent will be assigned, and the interested teams will be given an opportunity to sell their organization to the coach. No money will be discussed. The agent will make the decision solely on the teams situation.

NHL Entry Draft moderator/organizer - _
resource: Draft picks link
Each GM is responsible for sending in their Top 30 rankings for the 1st round of the draft to him only. A team may opt to use the ISS's latest rankings instead. Also, if you make a trade involving a 2009 1st or 2nd round draft pick, make sure you send him a PM letting him know about it so he can update the draft order. Other than the three league commissioners, only _ are empowered to make a pick for a team that is not online, or officially be in charge of the draft.

Contract Extensions - Hollywood Hamels will handle any contract extensions. For a GM to sign a player on his roster to a contract extension, the player must not be a UFA-to-be. All offers are to be sent to him. Granted, keep in mind he will not be extending the contracts of players just to do it. It will have to be a good deal that makes sense for the player to sign, just as if it was dealing with a RFA or UFA.

Salary Cap FAQs
max amount of players: 23
upper Limit: $56,700,000
lower Limit: $40,000,000
salary cap sites: nhlscap.com, nhlnumbers.com

Rosters thread - Each and every GM is responsible for posting and keeping up to date their roster in the league's roster thread. There will be repurcussions for those of you who are not doing so, for example, Boston wants to make a trade or sign an UFA...well for that trade to go through that GM must have their roster updated. Now I'm not talking about every hour on the hour or anything like that, but if you're making a bunch of moves or signings you need to keep your teams post updated, period. Its part of your duties as a GM in this game.

:nhl GM'S LIST

- EASTERN CONFERENCE -

Atlantic Division
New Jersey Devils - Thom Yorke
New York Islanders - Letsgoisles39
New York Rangers - Jarmac
Philadelphia Flyers - Hollywood Hamels
Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitt's Best #87 #66

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins - Nucksfan92
Buffalo Sabres - Salsabil
Montreal Canadiens - C-Saku Koivu MTL
Ottawa Senators - Higgins 21
Toronto Maple Leafs - Leafsfanatic16

Southeast Division
Atlanta Thrashers -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Florida Panthers - Hockeyfan666666
Tampa Bay Lightning - IslesRock4
Washington Capitals - Juice1815

- WESTERN CONFERENCE -

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks - Huntison
Columbus Blue Jackets - Theron
Detroit Red Wings - Fedro91
Nashville Predators - Vilyvy16
St. Louis Blues - Oshniak

Northwest Division
Calgary Flames - CGY
Colorado Avalanche - Esy16
Edmonton Oilers - OilGagner89
Minnesota Wild -
Vancouver Canucks - CAPiTA

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks - Glasgow26
Dallas Stars - Dustyrockon
Los Angeles Kings - Nyrfan444
Phoenix Coyotes - TourettesGuy
San Jose Sharks - Leaky37

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
TRADES
TEAM | PLAYER/PICK || TEAM | PLAYER/PICK
:kings|Martin Havlat,Kyle Beach,Shawn Lalonde||:hawks|Alexander Frolov
:hawks|Dany Heatley,'09 2nd Round Pick,'09 4th Round Pick||:sens|Duncan Keith,Kris Versteeg,Jack Skille,Nikolai Khabibulin,'09 1st Round Pick
:flames|Olli Jokinen||:coyotes|Matthew Lombardi,Keith Aulie,'09 1st Round Pick
:stars|Robert Nilsson, 2nd round pick 2009, Cody Wild||:edmonton|Jere Lehtinen, Niclas Grossman, Raymond Sawada
:bolts|'09 1st Round Pick, '09 2nd Round Pick, '10 2nd Round Pickin,Alex Pietrangelo, Dave Perron, Lars Eller, Brett Sonne, and Paul Kariya||:blues|Vincent Lecavalier
:habs|Mike Smith, '09 Second Round Pick,Matt Smaby||:bolts|Jaroslav Halak
:habs|Bryan Allen||:panthers|Alexei Kovalev
:flyers|Carey Price||:habs|Jeff Carter,James van Riemsdyk,Kevin Marshall
:stars|Rosival,Markus Naslund,Nigel Dawes,'09 2nd Round Pick||:rangers|Morrow,Wandell
:blues|Petr Prucha,Demitri Kalinin||:rangers|Eric Brewer

REMEMBER YOU CAN VOTE TO VETO TRADES IF YOU FEEL THEY ARE UNFAIR OR UNREALISTIC

Last edited:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Hey, I think i would like to give Tampa A shot. Unless... Is it better to take a good team to start off? Or can i focus on rebuilding and such?

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Hey, just wondering how exactly the point system works.. I re-read it a couple times and i don't think i understand it fully. ...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hey, just wondering how exactly the point system works.. I re-read it a couple times and i don't think i understand it fully. ...

Really the point system just makes it easier for me to calculate the standings.Pretty much 1st place gets 15 Points, 2nd place gets 14 points...etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad