Ansar Khan: Holland reaches out to free agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Re-signings:
Gustav Nyquist 2 years $1.25mil per ($2.5mil)
Joakim Andersson 3 years $1.0mil per ($3mil)
Brendan Smith 3 years $1.333mil per ($4mil)
Damien Brunner 4 years $2.5mil per ($10mil)

Free Agent Signings
Mikhail Grabovski 4 years $4.5mil per ($18mil)
Michael Ryder 1 year $4.0mil per ($4mil)

Other
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson

Trade: Jordin Tootoo & Patrick Eaves

And then you come up with the 2014 Stanley Cup Champions!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Mikhail Grabovski ($4.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Michael Ryder ($4.000m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.750m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brendan Smith ($1.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,752,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,557,121

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m)

So. Delicious. Would be the best third line in hockey. Just imagine the mismatches with every other team. Ughhh

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Re-signings:
Gustav Nyquist 2 years $1.25mil per ($2.5mil)
Joakim Andersson 3 years $1.0mil per ($3mil)
Brendan Smith 3 years $1.333mil per ($4mil)
Damien Brunner 4 years $2.5mil per ($10mil)
I highlighted the guys who are going to get more money. :P

But seriously, I think we're looking at 3-4 years with AAV of 2.5-3.0 for Nyquist and probably 2.0 or slightly higher for Smith. Andersson is probably at 2-3 years and 1.2 to 1.5 mil. I have Brunner at 3 per year, and it could be 3.5.

I think those signings are part of why the UFA offers have been lower than expected; the price is likely at least 50% higher than what fans are projecting to get everybody locked up.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I highlighted the guys who are going to get more money. :P

But seriously, I think we're looking at 3-4 years with AAV of 2.5-3.0 for Nyquist and probably 2.0 or slightly higher for Smith. Andersson is probably at 2-3 years and 1.2 to 1.5 mil. I have Brunner at 3 per year, and it could be 3.5.

I think those signings are part of why the UFA offers have been lower than expected; the price is likely at least 50% higher than what fans are projecting to get everybody locked up.

Quite right there, obvious wishfull thinking from some.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland has been in contact with pretty much every candidate that would make a good No. 2 center — Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson is the leading candidate, if he agrees to a bonus-loaded contract

Looking at possible new faces, the Wings have had talks with the camps for Alfredsson, Stephen Weiss, Mike Ribeiro, Tyler Bozak and Matt Cullen, as well as Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow. It’s not that the Wings aren’t willing to spend money; it’s that they don’t want to overpay for services.

From Helen

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he is hearing lot of teams would like to add some pieces, "but they are squeezed" by the new salary cap.

"We have a move or two left," Holland said.

The Red Wings would consider a move to add a defenseman to play in their top four, but Holland said concedes that he doesn't see many options in the marketplace. The Red Wings are also looking for a player to move into their top six forwards and Weiss seems like a likely target.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2013/07/05/nhl-free-agency-lower-cap-effects/2490921/

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
So. Delicious. Would be the best third line in hockey. Just imagine the mismatches with every other team. Ughhh

Not imo. Sharks arguably, depending how they go with their third line. Pavelski as third line C. Winger may not be better but difference isn't as big as with Pav and Andy.

Habs with Eller or Galchenyuk at C. And two of Gallagher/Prust/Bourque/Gionta/Briere at wing.

Avs with MacKinnon at C, Downie and McGinn at either side.

Blues have top 9 of Backes, Steen, Berglund, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Oshie, Perron, Stewart and Jaskin/Sobotka, assuming no offseason acquisitions.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
KH doesn't seem to understand the difference between overpaying and market value, market value can never be overpayment, really.

Yep. He doesnt want to "overpay" for anyone and will never get a decent FA because that "overpayment" is really what market value is now.

There are no excuses if he doesnt get Grabovski though. He would have a decent term and cap hit and should have every reason to want to play here.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6 min
Some rumblings of Iginla interest in St Louis. History with Hitch, but Blues are targeting a centre. Will battle Det and others for Weiss.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3 min
C's incl Bozak, Ribeiro, Grabovski, Weiss, Roy, Filppula, Lapierre, Cullen, Gordon. Teams looking: CGY, DET, NSH, PHX, STL, TB, TOR, WSH etc

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't say much better player.

But maybe much better fit for Wings.

Similar size, similar defensive ability, Grabo is a year younger? and has had consistently higher point totals. Maybe not much better but definitely better and a better fit for the Wings on top of that.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Similar size, similar defensive ability, Grabo is a year younger? and has had consistently higher point totals. Maybe not much better but definitely better and a better fit for the Wings on top of that.

consistently higher point totals?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 41 s
Most intriguing dance of day is Daniel Alfredsson and whether he remains in OTT. Lots of nervous folks in OTT with DET and BOS still in mix.

Some non-legit sources say that Wings have deal in place with him.

StevieWonder

Feb 11, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 8m
Early indication this morn is Alfredsson #Senators doesn't look very good at all and a real possibly he may move. #RedWings frontrunners

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Not sure who this guy is, but Eklund likes to compile a list of other people's remarks on FA Frenzy day.

Grabo to Detroit?
"Heard this morning this could happen today. Good source out of Toronto."
-John Jaeckel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad