TSN: Holland: Oilers likely to add goalie in free agency

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Varly would actually be ideal. Would be take a 3x3 or something?
Don't think he'll take a 3x3. I think the only way he signs for more than 1 year is if he's given at least 5M+, if he takes less money then I'd think it's more of a "prove it" contract so I think it'll be for 1 year. Maybe 1yr/3M contract?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Stolarz rights + highest pick Yzerman can get for Bernier

He needs to take some of his mess with him

Reactions: wingfan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

Fan 4 Life

Dec 26, 2007
Airdrie AB
I don't need to learn a different sport. Bucks said it was a fact that McDavid doesn't cheat for offense. I provided a screen shot and video to disprove that. Maybe don't attack me when I'm trying to have a debate about a topic at hand? Thanks

You tried to use a screenshot of McDavid on a break-out from one game to prove that he is poor defensively for a goal in another game. Never mind, you're right and have no idea what I am talking about. You are perfectly objective and reasonable.

The topic at hand was/is the Oilers need for a second goalie next season, not McDavid being a poor leader and a cherry picker. I rarely ever post on these boards and am actually disappointed in myself for finally giving in to your anti-Oiler non-sense. The only reason I responded though is because I actually don't think you are a troll, I think you are just ignorant to your biases.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jack Campbell is available for a 2nd rounder... Think of him as Darcy Kuemper 2.0

Just to piggyback some other thoughts:

EDM: G Jonathan Bernier (2 x 3 mil)
DET: G Jack Campbell (1 x .675)
LAK: RD Matt Benning (1 x 1.9), SJS 2nd (#59-62)

Holland brings in a goalie who can play 30+ games while shedding a contract / opening up a potential roster spot for Evan Bouchard. Yzerman shaves some cap space and takes a "rent with the option to buy" option on a Michigan guy in Campbell. Kings get some value for Campbell and add some needed RD depth.

EDM
---------
Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera*-(Bouchard/Bear/UFA)

Koskinen-Bernier

DET
---------
DeKeyser-Green?
Ericsson-Daley
(Kronwall/Cholowski/UFA)-(Hronek/Bowey)

Howard-Campbell

LAK
-----------
Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-(UFA/LaDue/Walker/Roy)
Phaneuf*-Benning

Quick-(Petersen/UFA)

*buyout candidate

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
They just signed a goalie for 3 years at 4.5M who hasn't played a day of that contract and they are looking for a goalie.

Good times ahead

And that move final got Chiarelli fired.

We absolutely need to address goaltending. My thought is get a guy with warts but starters potential and hire Sean Burke

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Just to piggyback some other thoughts:

EDM: G Jonathan Bernier (2 x 3 mil)
DET: G Jack Campbell (1 x .675)
LAK: RD Matt Benning (1 x 1.9), SJS 2nd (#59-62)

Holland brings in a goalie who can play 30+ games while shedding a contract / opening up a potential roster spot for Evan Bouchard. Yzerman shaves some cap space and takes a "rent with the option to buy" option on a Michigan guy in Campbell. Kings get some value for Campbell and add some needed RD depth.

EDM
---------
Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera*-(Bouchard/Bear/UFA)

Koskinen-Bernier

DET
---------
DeKeyser-Green?
Ericsson-Daley
(Kronwall/Cholowski/UFA)-(Hronek/Bowey)

Howard-Campbell

LAK
-----------
Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-(UFA/LaDue/Walker/Roy)
Phaneuf*-Benning

Quick-(Petersen/UFA)

*buyout candidate

That Kings goalie pipeline at work lol ... seems fair

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mid-Late is what is probably expected from the FO, if we included our late 3rd I think that would be fair (87th)

Sorry. No mas. Too many Scrivens night terrors.

Journeyman bounces around for awhile
Finds short term success on the Kings
Kings sell high
Oilers, desperate for goaltending, overpay based on a teeny tiny sample size
It wasn’t the system, was it?
First ~20 games ish: he is so good! It WASNT the system!
Rest of the term: oh god. OH GOD. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE SYSTEM.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I wonder if we'll ever see some sort of investigation on a journalists part into that contract. Everything about it is just plain weird, weirder than general incompetency can seem to explain.
It really is one of the weirdest moves I've ever seen in pro sports.

He had like 30 games experience, hadn't even been playing all that great since the hot start, yet he got THAT MUCH MONEY? Was Chia allowed to do that when he was going to get fired a week later? Was the signing the final straw? Does that mean Bob wasn't thinking about firing him until that signing? Was it other management guys decision? So many questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad