Holiday GM Game #3 Spectacular

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

Nick Suzuki is in play, but only for a young LHD with high potential.

Listening on Jeff Petry (LNTC) if a young LHD is coming back. Looking for a hockey trade.

Charles Hudon and CLB 2019 2nd round pick are being shopped for a top 6 winger who can complement Domi amd Drouin.

Benn and Schlemko can go for a mid pick. Shaw is actually having a good season but he is also available.

:habs

Things are quiet in Habs land right now. Had some discussions but nothing appears imminent.

We feel alone when we see all the teams trading with each other around...

EDIT : If someone wants to give me a player of Huberdeau caliber for Charlie Lindgren, I am listening!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
The Sens have kickstarted their rebuild!

To :sens
OTT 1st
COL 1st
COL 2nd
Cale Makar
Tyson Jost
Martin Kaut
Vlad Kamenev

To :avs
Matt Duchene
Mark Stone

BTW, I didn’t look at their cap situation, but the Avs can add 13.5M$ just like that?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yes it is a very big price to pay for Colorado but Stone is one of the best players that will be on the market and Duchene is no slouch either.

Okay, but that's likely two top 5 picks (OTT 1st and Makar), two more 1sts (Jost (top 10) and COL 1st), and then EVEN more, including two more quality prospects and a 2nd.

That's the kind of haul you pay for something like Doughty + Kopitar, not two rentals, regardless of how good they are.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Yes it is a very big price to pay for Colorado but Stone is one of the best players that will be on the market and Duchene is no slouch either.

Stone being one of the best players that will be on the market is pretty much exactly the point there.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
BTW, I didn’t look at their cap situation, but the Avs can add 13.5M$ just like that?
Not the Avs, but I think so. They'll have a tough time though next year when they re-sign Rantanen, Compher, Kerfoot, and Zadorov though.

If they re-sign Stone and Duchene, that is.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Your an Oilers fan. You know Nuge can play the wing.

McDavid - Draisaitl
Nuge - XXX

And I know you are looking more for a winger than a centre. Why would both Nuge and Draisaitl be on the wing? Especially with wingers generally being cheaper to acquire.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
And I know you are looking more for a winger than a centre. Why would both Nuge and Draisaitl be on the wing? Especially with wingers generally being cheaper to acquire.

I'm just broadening my market, in case. But yeah, wingers are my preference.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Okay, but that's likely two top 5 picks (OTT 1st and Makar), two more 1sts (Jost (top 10) and COL 1st), and then EVEN more, including two more quality prospects and a 2nd.

That's the kind of haul you pay for something like Doughty + Kopitar, not two rentals, regardless of how good they are.

It's not my game, so my opinion doesn't mean much, but this is exactly the type of trade that would've been vetoed in games of the past just because it's so ridiculous. Colorado literally gutted their entire future for two UFA rentals, one of which they traded away just a year earlier.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It’s an all in thing for me, I also have Varlamov, Wilson coming off the books, so there 9m just right there. I’ll figure it out.

I mean if you guys want to veto it then go for it. It’s just a game to me.

Reactions: Gecklund

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:hawks

Available:

Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Duncan Keith
Brent Seabrook
Corey Crawford