Confirmed with Link: Holden +pick to Ottawa for Dadonov

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No it doesn't. It is a shit trade for a crap winger who most likely won't produce with the centers we have.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No confirmed on the trade board. Not sure it sounds great to me. I like Dadonov, but that's a net $2.5M cap increase. Unless we are planning to trade off another winger.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Any scouting report on Holden would be appreciated

'Ehh he's OK'

He was awful up until this past year. Skates well, somewhat physical. Decent puck mover. Kills penalties. Plays LD or RD. Great locker room guy. Never complains. Glue guy yadda yadda now tell me what blackmail you had on McCrimmon to make him pay for Dorion's cap dump!

Reactions: HanSolo and DJB

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Any scouting report on Holden would be appreciated

Here is a scouting report:
butthead.jpg

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
This has to foreshadow an upcoming winger trade. I hope they aren't entertaining substantially overpaying for Eichel.

Or maybe it's just, "Kelly, we badly need a Top 6 Center." "I got this, George, I'm bringing in another Winger!"

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Trading Holden makes moving Hague less likely in my opinion unless they get a veteran LHD for low cap.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Are we really going to pay him 5 million just for him to play on the 4th line or is someone going to switch him or someone else to left wing?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Are we really going to pay him 5 million just for him to play on the 4th line or is someone going to switch him or someone else to left wing?

Maybe the Sabres told them to go get the pieces they want.

So far they have the Dad of Nov. Now they just need the Staff of Ra and the Eye of Ifrit. Then they will make the offering for Eichel.

Or Foley has locked himself in the War Room and calling all the shots.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Mcrimmon did say yesterday not to expect a center. I thought he was full of it but I guess not. Still going to need to move either Reaves or Carrier to get Patrick signed.

While I would have even preferred Danault to this Dadonov does bring some elements we're lacking. He's very good about going to the dirty areas to score especially on the PP. Although that it something they should have been able to address in free agency at a cheap price.

The team is unquestionably better now than it was 48 hours ago. And this doesn't at all rule out a trade in the near or short term if they find a deal for a center that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad