HOH's next list - All players, by position, or European (Voting closed)

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Are we done here?

Looks like it's going to be by position unless quite a few more people submit votes and we haven't had any new vote in about 30 hours. I had a feeling it would turn out this way from the comments in previous threads.

Question: Do we have to decide whether we are splitting up forwards now, or do I just do a ranking of whether people want to do goalies, defenseme, or forwards next and decide how we are doing forwards only if they win?

If all goes well, we will do a different position every year for the next few years, before going back to finally re-do the top 100 list.

Would anyone not want at least centers and wingers to be broken up? Center is such a deep position it would really dominate the rankings and I don't think you'd get many wingers not in the Top 100.

As for the question, I'd say do a poll for goalie, defense or forwards. If forwards gets picked do another poll to determine the breakdown: either all forwards together, centers and wingers separate, or centers, left wings, and right wings (preferably in the 50/25/25 format).

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Not sure if I'll have time to participate but my preference is:

1. Top 50 by position
2. Top 100
3. Top 50 Europeans

If top 50 by position wins, I like Hawkey Town 18's suggestion on how to proceed.

RabbinsDuck

Feb 1, 2008
Brighton, MI
It was one week for each voting round, right?

I'd actually be in favor of lengthening that - it takes a while to put together a detailed post, plus referencing previous helpful posts, and then getting a decent back-and-forth for debate - just takes a lot of time, even if all you do is read.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Closing in on 24 hours without any more votes and the margin has grown, not shrank.

By Position = 39
All Players =24
Europeans = 9

This is consistent with comments in early threads.

It's time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->