Line Combos: Hoglander to the top line, Miller demoted to 3rd line

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC

After last night, it's pretty obvious the coaching staff is fed up with his lack of effort off the puck. Also, Virtanen of all people gets the promotion from the Bottom-6.

Benn's time with Hughes seems to be up, and boy will it be interesting to see what happens with Hoglander on the top line with Petey and Boeser.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Considering the shitshow that is the Canucks. I think they should be playing Juolevi full-time just for development reasons. There is very little reason to keep him out of the lineup.
I understand he's being sheltered and that it might hurt the team but it's not like he's been a liability according to his possession stats. He's pretty good at making a first pass and has been rather physical.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

After last night, it's pretty obvious the coaching staff is fed up with his lack of effort off the puck. Also, Virtanen of all people gets the promotion from the Bottom-6.

Benn's time with Hughes seems to be up, and boy will it be interesting to see what happens with Hoglander on the top line with Petey and Boeser.

This is all sensible aside from WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAVE MR. ZERO ASSISTS CENTERING A SCORING LINE BETWEEN TWO SHOOTERS.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I'm fine with Miller on the third line, but why isn't Miller centering the third line?

Virtanen bumping up makes sense - he's more likely to have an offensive impact than anyone else, and it helps the entire team if they can get Virtanen going.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
When Shorty calls out his effort multiple times in a game (or attitude skating to the bench) I'm glad to see some kind of repercussions.

Reactions: Yourwifeson

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Considering the shitshow that is the Canucks. I think they should be playing Juolevi full-time just for development reasons. There is very little reason to keep him out of the lineup.
I understand he's being sheltered and that it might hurt the team but it's not like he's been a liability according to his possession stats. He's pretty good at making a first pass and has been rather physical.

Juolevi should write an autobiography and call it "Sheltered with a Giraffe"

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
His defensive slack-assing has been harming the team at wing, imagine what it would do at centre.
I see it more as a "we know you can do this, we'll bring you back up to the grown up table when you show you can play defence" situation.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Why not have Juolevi in over Benn? Would only kind of even remotely make sense if they were showcasing Benn as a rental or something (but I highly doubt that is the case).

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Good. Screw Miller.

Bad. It’s pretty shit when Virtanen gets a top 6 spot AGAIN.

Rather the kids play bottom pair than Benn and the Giraffe.

You realize line combos mean virtually nothing right? Put 20 pieces of shit in a blender and press mix. Do it 100 times. You know what you get every time? 20 pieces of shit.

Reactions: B-rock

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Green can fiddle with his lineup till he’ll freezes over. If our goalies continue to be horrible (.890 save %) then the team will continue to play without confidence and lose.

Reactions: Yourwifeson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad