Friedman: Hoffman is on the trade block in Ottawa

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Leafs 2nd 2018, 3rd 2o19, and Dymtro Tymashov/Jeremy Bracco

Funny cause this would now be a tremendous overpayment for Hoffman, considering that there is likely no interest in him until all this drama settles. (and may never be depending on how it plays out)

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
It's probably more of an issue in Canada, but from what I've seen in the US market, Only a fraction of fans would even know about it.

Not so sure about that. I'd guess that the story would spread like a rash all over STL social media an hour after the trade was made official. It's almost impossible to sweep something like this under the rug anymore; guilty, or innocent the stigma would stay with him like luggage around here. JMO.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
How badly do you need Hoffman on your team that you would overlook even the appearance of impropriety on his part? People need to understand that the NHL is business funded by its audience. Mrs. Karlsson is not the only woman to ever have a stillbirth. There are plenty of couples who go through this. By acquiring Hoffman, you are alienating a portion of your potential customers. Not just the mothers, but anyone who thinks mocking stillbirths is bad. For what? 27 goals? Even if Hoffman’s girlfriend is exhonerates, I can’t imagine any GM jumping down that rabbit hole.
Because the sport is called hockey and Mike Hoffman is very good at hockey

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not so sure about that. I'd guess that the story would spread like a rash all over STL social media an hour after the trade was made official. It's almost impossible to sweep something like this under the rug anymore; guilty, or innocent the stigma would stay with him like luggage around here. JMO.
Maybe/Maybe not. Just speaking from my observations of casual fans

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Hoffman will still get a hefty package. This idea that Hoffman has no value now is based on nothing. Hoffman being on the ‘market’ means there is one for him - we have heard plenty of times before of players who have no interest. Hoffman wont be one of them.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Hoffman will still get a hefty package. This idea that Hoffman has no value now is based on nothing. Hoffman being on the ‘market’ means there is one for him - we have heard plenty of times before of players who have no interest. Hoffman wont be one of them.

Yeah except it definitely doesn't mean that.

There could be interest in him but Slepyshev was on the market, there was no interest in him. You're drawing conclusions based on what you want to be true and redefining terms to be in line with that.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah except it definitely doesn't mean that.

There could be interest in him but Slepyshev was on the market, there was no interest in him. You're drawing conclusions based on what you want to be true and redefining terms to be in line with that.
Hoffman and Slepyshev are two completely different players wtf are you even talking about?

Slepyshev had no interest because no one needs him. Hoffman is a top 6 player whos under 30. Almost every team can use him.

Controversy true or not Hoffman will have a job this season.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
See jokes like this is why I don't think some people here genuinely care about the cyberbullying from hoff's GF.

No one here genuinely cares unless they personally know Melinda and/or Monica, otherwise it's just dopamine releasing drama like all the Kardashian shit people obsess over

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
ill be happy with a first rounder next year for hoff, which I think is what will we get anyways

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think it’s highly unlikely Hoffman had anything to with cyber bullying , regardless of whether or not his gf did. His value may be down a bit right now but I’m sure he’s going to playing in the nhl next year. There’s no reason for him not to be. Until I hear he’s actually done something wrong I’d take him on the Canes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->