Post-Game Talk: HOFF GOES OFF! His hat-trick leads the Panthers past Tampa 4-3. Bob shines bright late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Not sure where to put this, but I am listening to the spitting Chiclets podcast from Thursday about their Atlantic division preview.

Holy smokes, do the guys like Florida this year. The one guy, don't know which one, just loves MM. Said he skates like the wind, and having talked to other guys on the team he is a freak! Always the fittest guy on the team, doesn't drink, they expect very good things from him this season.
That's florida panthers legend Ryan Whitney.
He also spoke a bit about Henrik Borgström, commented on how he dominated in college hockey and how everyone he(whit) has spoken with have super high expectations, like a 30 goal scoring kind of guy.

The florida panthers talk begins at about 2:01:34 if anyone else wants to listen.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Someone attending the practice said Q smashed his stick against the board.

Must have been a bad morning for the boys.

How you respond after a win is just as important as how you respond after a loss. Q won't put up with anything less. If they think beating Tampa was a victory in itself and they can roll into the game versus Carolina thinking it'll be a walk in the park, they need a reality check.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
How you respond after a win is just as important as how you respond after a loss. Q won't put up with anything less. If they think beating Tampa was a victory in itself and they can roll into the game versus Carolina thinking it'll be a walk in the park, they need a reality check.

Really good. And Bob is showing them how to do it and practicing such thing. Canes had players in front of the net all night long and were firing from all angles

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
That's florida panthers legend Ryan Whitney.
He also spoke a bit about Henrik Borgström, commented on how he dominated in college hockey and how everyone he(whit) has spoken with have super high expectations, like a 30 goal scoring kind of guy.

The florida panthers talk begins at about 2:01:34 if anyone else wants to listen.

Thanks for the link ! I think Matheson played two good games so far. He is indeed an excellent skater and during last game he carried the puck alone from D to O zone several times, creating some unexpected forward pushs by FLA. As long as he stays composed and doesn't give away the puck as often as last year I think he'll be a very important asset on this team. Q contributed in Duncan Keith's development a lot, I'm sure he can have a huge impact on MM overall abilities.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Thanks for the link ! I think Matheson played two good games so far. He is indeed an excellent skater and during last game he carried the puck alone from D to O zone several times, creating some unexpected forward pushs by FLA. As long as he stays composed and doesn't give away the puck as often as last year I think he'll be a very important asset on this team. Q contributed in Duncan Keith's development a lot, I'm sure he can have a huge impact on MM overall abilities.

MM said he worked a lot this summer on the mental side of the game. Not panicking when certain situations arise and staying calm, not letting things snowball on him. I feel like I've already seen in an improvement in that area, but season is still young.

hopefully I see him start in person on Friday, my luck it'll be Monty though

I think it will be Monty too. He's going to play either one of Friday or Saturday, as it's a back-to-back. I think go with Monty Friday, and then on the island have Bob start with a more tired bunch.

I was thinking of going Friday to Buffalo, but I don't think it's going to happen now. Oh well, hopefully another time this year.

Reactions: panthersdu67

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
MM said he worked a lot this summer on the mental side of the game. Not panicking when certain situations arise and staying calm, not letting things snowball on him. I feel like I've already seen in an improvement in that area, but season is still young.

I think it will be Monty too. He's going to play either one of Friday or Saturday, as it's a back-to-back. I think go with Monty Friday, and then on the island have Bob start with a more tired bunch.

I was thinking of going Friday to Buffalo, but I don't think it's going to happen now. Oh well, hopefully another time this year.
I think he'll go Friday against the division opponent.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

Someone attending the practice said Q smashed his stick against the board.

Must have been a bad morning for the boys.

I noticed Q immediately went to the locker room at the end of the home opener. He didn't look pleased.

It reminds me of a time I used to play varsity baseball. We played a good team we should beat on paper. We dragged ass the entire game and barely did win cause someone managed to hit a triple with two on the 6th inning (they only play 7 in HS) We ended up doing sprints for 20 minutes in front of the other team while they watched horrified. I'll tell you that very next game we played a very well oiled machine of a team we by all rights should have lost to. Beat them handily.

Winning isnt enough. Desire to do your best no matter what is.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I noticed Q immediately went to the locker room at the end of the home opener. He didn't look pleased.

It reminds me of a time I used to play varsity baseball. We played a good team we should beat on paper. We dragged ass the entire game and barely did win cause someone managed to hit a triple with two on the 6th inning (they only play 7 in HS) We ended up doing sprints for 20 minutes in front of the other team while they watched horrified. I'll tell you that very next game we played a very well oiled machine of a team we by all rights should have lost to. Beat them handily.

Winning isnt enough. Desire to do your best no matter what is.

I wonder though if Q is the type that just immediately leaves the bench after every W.
That wouldn't surprise me.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
https://www.tsn.ca/steven-stamkos-sounds-off-on-tampa-bay-lightning-s-poor-start-1.1377592

“We just continue to be the freewheeling team that thinks we can just come into games and win because we’re skilled,” Stamkos said after Sunday's 4-3 defeat, per the Tampa Bay Times. “We keep falling back into the same old bad habits that we’ve been doing, that cost us the season we had last year.
“Unless we change things, it’s going to be a really, really, really long year.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->