Post-Game Talk: HOFF GOES OFF! His hat-trick leads the Panthers past Tampa 4-3. Bob shines bright late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Gotta give Tampa some credit for in large part shutting down our top line at 5v5 for almost the entirety of 120 minutes of hockey. It's a tough start to the season playing them back to back but it was nice getting a split out of it. The first game could have easily gone our way as well.

Hopefully the Barkov line can get going at even strength, but it'll be tough because teams will be obviously focusing in on them. Plus, the way it looks like Q wants the team to play and how he's spreading out ice time, I think it'll be tough for Huby and Barkov to reach 90+ points again (unless the PP goes wild again). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. I don't think they or the fans care if they have 70-80 points and we make the playoffs.

Another tough game tomorrow night, though...the Canes are no joke. It'll be another tight one.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Gotta give Tampa some credit for in large part shutting down our top line at 5v5 for almost the entirety of 120 minutes of hockey. It's a tough start to the season playing them back to back but it was nice getting a split out of it. The first game could have easily gone our way as well.

Hopefully the Barkov line can get going at even strength, but it'll be tough because teams will be obviously focusing in on them. Plus, the way it looks like Q wants the team to play and how he's spreading out ice time, I think it'll be tough for Huby and Barkov to reach 90+ points again (unless the PP goes wild again). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. I don't think they or the fans care if they have 70-80 points and we make the playoffs.

Another tough game tomorrow night, though...the Canes are no joke. It'll be another tight one.

That was my prediction before the season, and I got crucified by some posters for not believing Barkov would hit a 100 points!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Buffalo was the best team in the league last December, it won't last
Idk, Krueger is a good coach. He preaches fast north/south game. Always supporting your teammates, Five men in all three zones. Through two games, players seem to be all aboard with the new coach. They may just keep on improving through the season. Housley's Dplan was very much like Boughner's, they will be better this year in their own zone with Krueger's scheme. Idk, I just get Gallant in FL vibes from Krueger w/the Sabres. (Yes, it's only been two games) They are playing faster, more together, and having fun doing so. From what I've heard, the players are loving their new coach and style of play. Don't overlook Buffalo.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not sure where to put this, but I am listening to the spitting Chiclets podcast from Thursday about their Atlantic division preview.

Holy smokes, do the guys like Florida this year. The one guy, don't know which one, just loves MM. Said he skates like the wind, and having talked to other guys on the team he is a freak! Always the fittest guy on the team, doesn't drink, they expect very good things from him this season.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So Pysyk in for Brown. Showcasing? :naughty:
Could be, but also Brown didn’t have a great game on Saturday. He’s still not sure of himself positionally. The first Tampa goal, although hard to pin on him exactly, was the result of poor positioning.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Could be, but also Brown didn’t have a great game on Saturday. He’s still not sure of himself positionally. The first Tampa goal, although hard to pin on him exactly, was the result of poor positioning.

I agree. Unless a no-brainer deal comes through, I don't understand why we would move him right now. Keeping him gives us some much needed depth at D. Unless someone in Springfield clearly proves they should be on the main roster and is better than Pysyk, then just keep him and hopefully he'll be good on the bottom pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad