Hodgson or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I know you dont want a leaf fan giving a analysis but:

This is IF both both players make it to there full potential with the team.
(Both projected to be 1st line centers)

-Hodgson - a strong skater, hard to knock off the puck. A player with great vision, netting goals and setting up linemates. has similar G to A. (40-40) player.

-Kadri - a Flashy centerman or converted winger. Who wants to be the one to light the lamp or atleast be apart of the play. Edgey and gritty, but moreso a shifty skater with decent hands.

verdict:
Hodgson is more of the straight forward center man (i.e dump the puck in, and outwork a team to score goals)
Kadri will be the guy who tries to make plays out of nothing, with higher risk moves.

huh?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Kadri has pretty sick skill and is a tenacious little ****er, I'd probably pick him. Both are good and Hodgson is more likely to be an NHLer and I could see him being a great 3rd or 2nd liner or a decent 1st liner, but Kadri could be a top 15 center if he totally hits stride. I see them both being great #2s, getting 55-70 pts a year.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Kadri has pretty sick skill and is a tenacious little ****er, I'd probably pick him. Both are good and Hodgson is more likely to be an NHLer and I could see him being a great 3rd or 2nd liner or a decent 1st liner, but Kadri could be a top 15 center if he totally hits stride. I see them both being great #2s, getting 55-70 pts a year.

Exactly my opinion on all of this.

mooseOAK*

Was at the Marlies vs Moose Match today

Both did not have great games, but Hodgson by a nose. Skill wise i would say Kadri has a bit more, But Hodgson's Vision is just too good to pass on

I watched the game also. Kadri was the far more dynamic player but the Moose got up early and played the trap most of the game.

Jordan Schroeder wasn't close to comparable to either.

Megan Fox

ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
Oct 26, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Why?

arsmaster*

Why mods, WHy?

Do we need to be subjected to a thread like this AGAIN?

Kadri - Mike Ribeiro

Hodgson - Chris Drury.

Forget about the salary cap, but I take the clutch playoff performer and captain, over the other guy.

This thread is ridiculous...Hodgson just missed 6 weeks after breaking his face, he has what 2 or 3 games back, obviously he isnt going to have legs.

Prior to his injury he was Manitoba's best player.

Kadri is good too, I just hate these threads...lets see what they can do throughout their careers, because these AHL stat comparisson are STUPID.

Canuck fans, why do we always have to try and be better than Leafs fans? I just dont get it...if you want to piss them off, ignore them....PLEASE!

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Why mods, WHy?

Do we need to be subjected to a thread like this AGAIN?

Kadri - Mike Ribeiro

Hodgson - Chris Drury.

Forget about the salary cap, but I take the clutch playoff performer and captain, over the other guy.

This thread is ridiculous...Hodgson just missed 6 weeks after breaking his face, he has what 2 or 3 games back, obviously he isnt going to have legs.

Prior to his injury he was Manitoba's best player.

Kadri is good too, I just hate these threads...lets see what they can do throughout their careers, because these AHL stat comparisson are STUPID.

Canuck fans, why do we always have to try and be better than Leafs fans? I just dont get it...if you want to piss them off, ignore them....PLEASE!

I don't think anyone would take Drury over Ribeiro...

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
ahl stats, while not being a completely accurate way to assess, show that kadri is head and shoulders above hodgson

AHL stats mean nothing without the proper interpretation. They tell you how well a player is able to mesh with players who are not cut out for the NHL. Granted some players are able to do it all on their own, but most greats still need to be part of a system.

Case in point:
Kevin Shattenkirk, his play-making ability is meaningless with players who can't bury the puck.

2010-2011 LEM
GP 10
Points 0

2010-2011 COL
GP 38
Points 26

member 105785

Kadri isn't made of glass, though.

Neither is Hodgson :help:

The back injury was a mis-diagnosis of his own doctors and that's why it took so long to heal, they weren't treating the real injury right away.

The orbital bone injury was from a puck to the face so.... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
i would take him on the leafs for sure. Even if he doesn't pan out as a top 6 he could be an effective 3rd liner with his size/speed. Similar to a Kulemin type player. Although still a good player, not the projected franchise player a 2nd overall should be. Which is why i was saying bust

JVR can still easily be a 35 goal 40 assist guy in the future. Kids gonna score 45 this year and he's playing on a team with Briere, Giroux, Richards, Carter, Leino, Hartnell... Its a damn good team so he doesnt get the minutes he deserves. He'd have a good shot at leading the Sens in goals if he was on Spezza's wing. Maybe even Fishers wing.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Hodgson. Even if he doesn't score in a game he can still contribute. Kadri, if he ain't scoring he'll look like he's floating. Of course Kadri can well develop his overall game but until then: Hodgson.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I would prefer to have Hodgson for the Habs. He's a risk due to his injuries but his hockey IQ is too good to pass on as said in earlier posts. Plus I just think he'd be the better fit.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Oilers fan here, and I gotta pick the division rival player: Hodgson. He has the whole package, and although won't be quite the player everyone thought coming off his CHL player of the year campaign, he will turn out well in my opinion. I think he will turn out to be a Kesler/Rene Bourque-type player.

Kadri - I think he will turn out to be like a Benoit Pouliot or Jack Skille - early 20's before he becomes an NHL regular, and probably 2nd/3rd liner depending on the quality of team he is playing for.

Porpoise McPants

May 9, 2010
hodgson continues to get noted for his vision.
the wjc's were the only time i've seen him play, and i don't deny that he sees and thinks the game well in the offensive zone.

non-leaf fans - did you watch kadri play in the nhl?
he was by no means consistent - no surprising for a 20 year old rookie.
but his playmaking ability was on display more nights than not.
look up the goals on which he assisted. many displayed elite NHL vision.
by elite, I mean that most players are not capable of seeing the opportunity for, and then executing, these plays.

let me be clear - kadri is not yet an nhl player.
but there is already evidence that he has a special set of skills that not only translate to the nhl, but surpass the vast majority of players.
i don't think this has been mentioned enough in this thread.
no knock on hodgson.

TheBigTicket

Aug 18, 2010
stupid thread first of all

on JVR: not a bust and a good player on a deep team, power forwards take awhile to develop

on Kadri: good speed, playmaking and stick-handling but i think he lacks a real good shot and his vision isn't close to hodgson

on hodgson: really smart and good complete player but he lacks the footspeed of kadri, im not putting alot of stock into his injury problems

at this stage i'd take hodgson solely for the fact of his vision. u just cant teach a player to see the ice like he does

anyone who doesnt think these guys are blue-chip prospects is an idiot. EVERY single NHL team in the league could use anyone of these guys

Megan Fox

ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
Oct 26, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Man, Leafs fans really pulling for Seguin to be a bust. Sorry that your Kessel deal hasn't worked out for you. Let me know the next time you guys are remotely close to a Stanley Cup....;)

(and, no, the Cup being at the HHOF in Toronto doesnt count):p:

Only defensive Bruins fans and trolls bring up the Kessel trade. The only Leaf fans you'll find truly upset with the Kessel trade are the same ones who called for Schenn and Grabovski's heads last year. The same Leaf fans that want Kaberle traded for a second and the same ones who are on cloud nine after a win or calling for Burke's head after a loss. You'd do well to just ignore them.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic. There's no reason to bash Hodgson, I'd love to have him in the Toronto prospect stable; just not at the expense of Kadri.

And they become delusional when they think Kadri is the second coming of Christ.

Proof that just because you can blog about hockey, doesn't mean you should.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
You're right, your post isn't even remotely close to being a valid or intelligent thought. Why did you post it?

Saying Seguin is closer to being a bust than a franchise player because hes struggling is friggin ridiculous. Pure and simple, a really asinine thing to say that shows no knowledge whatsoever of the player and a clear desire to cast the Kessel trade aside as a resounding success. Seguin was not supposed to make the NHL this year, regardless of who drafted him. He proceeded to get drafted to a stacked team with Krejci, Bergeron, and at times Savard playing ahead of him... and he made the team out of camp. Seriously, justify your post as anything above ridiculous as hell and I will take back my post.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd prefer Hodgson. Better mental aptitudes. Not much worried about injuries.

As for Seguin... One has to remember that he has quite a few good players ahead of him on the depth chart. Seguin being okay on the Bruins and Kadri not sticking with the Leafs says much more about Kadri's bust potential than Seguin's.

Jan 27, 2010
Burlington
Man, Leafs fans really pulling for Seguin to be a bust. Sorry that your Kessel deal hasn't worked out for you. Let me know the next time you guys are remotely close to a Stanley Cup....;)

(and, no, the Cup being at the HHOF in Toronto doesnt count):p:

I wish him (Seguin) the best. He obviously isn't a bust, and I'd like Burke to recognize what he's done and realize that the traditional rebuild is the way to go.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
I still don't get why people are so scared to point out the obvious with Hodgson - he's not very good. He's a poor skater, and pretty soft to boot. What's more, he doesn't have any standout skill to make anyone think he's got any kind of undeniable upside. His calling cards are "smarts" and "character", and he's built his reputation as a prospect on those fairly suspect legs. He's struggling to be even an average player in the AHL at this point. His upside is looking more and more like a Matt Stajan type player.

Kadri's a year younger, and simply better than Hodgson already. Not only is Kadri easily putting up a PPG as the youngest player in the AHL, but he's doing it on a team where no other player is coming anywhere close to that level of production. And if being the considerably more skilled and productive and younger prospect isn't enough, Kadri also brings a consistent grit and physical edge which Hodgson never does.

I can't imagine that there is any person in the hockey world who, if they were actually running a team and their job actually depended on making good decisions for their hockey team, wouldn't choose kadri. they'd be stupid not to.

LOL weren't you suggesting earlier in the season that Kadri could have won the calder last season based on how his first four games went???

That sample size **** sure does work for you eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad