Hockeysfuture.com site issues

Demitra38

2008 Acura TL Type S 6 MT
May 24, 2002
Springfield, Missouri
First off let me state I love this site. I love the fact that it covers so much information, has so many people that know the game well and can see trades coming weeks before they happen. And the help it gives us as fans.

With that said...

Why is it whenever something BIG in the NHL happens, this site is basically impossible for the most part to log into the boards?

With the name hockeysfuture, I would think the draft would be the most important day this site has, yet it takes forever to get into the forum, and it crashes all day. The same goes for the trade deadline, which is another huge day in hockey, but a day that this site crashes over and over and over. Pronger gets traded from Stl, crash. Mke Danton is arrested, crash.

Trust me, my intention is not to come off as *****ing or rude. It's just incredibly frustrating. This site does SO much research and has so much helpful data for NHL fans its incredible. To have the site virtually unviewable is ludacris to me.

Again I don't know ther server issues or what this site costs to run. I simply wanted to express my feelings (although I doubt I'm alone)

Regardless, I still appreciate everyone here, and what they do for this site.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
jeff962b said:
First off let me state I love this site. I love the fact that it covers so much information, has so many people that know the game well and can see trades coming weeks before they happen. And the help it gives us as fans.

With that said...

Why is it whenever something BIG in the NHL happens, this site is basically impossible for the most part to log into the boards?

With the name hockeysfuture, I would think the draft would be the most important day this site has, yet it takes forever to get into the forum, and it crashes all day. The same goes for the trade deadline, which is another huge day in hockey, but a day that this site crashes over and over and over. Pronger gets traded from Stl, crash. Mke Danton is arrested, crash.

Trust me, my intention is not to come off as *****ing or rude. It's just incredibly frustrating. This site does SO much research and has so much helpful data for NHL fans its incredible. To have the site virtually unviewable is ludacris to me.

Again I don't know ther server issues or what this site costs to run. I simply wanted to express my feelings (although I doubt I'm alone)

Regardless, I still appreciate everyone here, and what they do for this site.

Well its a popular site... what can you expect?

From what I can tell they are running out of mysql connections. What really needs to happen (if its not already being done) is they need to set up multiple database servers using replication.

Have all INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE queries run on the master and have all SELECT statements run off one of the slaves.

Again, not sure what the current setup is, but I use the above setup at the office and it works wonders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad