Hockey's Greatest Villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Who has had the greatest negative impact on hockey in the past 25 years??? We're excluding the current powers that be, you can debate them on the business of hockey boards. These are guys that popped in my head, don't assume I hate them all, I am just thinking of people who have had either an effect on the game or on people's perception of it.

Let's have your write ins, too!!!

acr*

I only said Ziegler because he's the one who started the over-expansion of the early 90s in places there shouldn't be hockey before Bettman took over

On a side note, don't you think that it's just a cooler title to be "NHL President" than "NHL Commissioner"? Why'd they change that?

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow, both of them single handedly destroyed the game to the point where there isn't even a 2004-05 season. The only thing worse than the horrible hockey related incidents of years past is having no hockey at all, and you can thank Bettman and Goodenow for that.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
With this whole lockout business and teams losing money, Wirtz' cheapness is actually starting to look smart. I still hate his guts though for all the years of pain he has caused. I dont know if he has really "held back hockey." Just pissed off a lot of fans in the Mid West.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Accord said:
Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow, both of them single handedly destroyed the game to the point where there isn't even a 2004-05 season. The only thing worse than the horrible hockey related incidents of years past is having no hockey at all, and you can thank Bettman and Goodenow for that.

They would get my vote as well.

Others have had other negative impacts on certain teams and such, but these two are going to damage the game like no others before.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Wow. I've never seen that video of Eagleson flipping off the Russian crowd during the Summit Series. He did it during the game... on the ice! The man's balls demand admiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad