Hockey's Future Top 50 prospects Spring 2007: 11-25

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I just find it pathetic that Canadians will never, ever give the US credit for winning that game. Instead, it was their goalie who lost it for them.

Just unreal!
Who else can you blame it on? It certainly wasn't a win for USA, we had outplayed them the entire game. M-A Fleury comes out of his net tried to play the puck, hits a player, goes in the net.

It was the worst goal I've ever seen in my life.

If this was Lundqvist in the stanley cup finals game 7, you'd think the same.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's fine and dandy, but by placing him in the top 10, they are making a statement that he is better than Marc Staal (#13 on the list), and I honestly don't think that situation resembles anything close to reality.

I'd have Staal ahead of Parent too, but if Parent were #9 and Staal was #13, it wouldn't be near the travesty that Staal at #13 and Parent at #NR would be.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
you are right, I made the mistake.

So Price won a WJC MVP and Montoya won a WJC best goalie award. Not a huge differance. In both cases they where awarded for being the best netminder.
Hmm no. Price won WJC best player MVP, WJC best goalie award.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
you are correct, somewhere along the line I forgot that it was Parise and not Montoya that got the honor. However, Monty was spectacular in that turnament and was named to the all turnament team and got the award for top goalie.

so exactly what i've said , price has a WJC MVP that montoya doesnt have ...
so that make 1 argument for price over montoya !

im not nitpicking you btw ...
it was for the guy that said that price has nothing on montoya !

Montoya should be ahead of Price.

Price plays with little boys
Montoya plays with Men with far superior talent.

Most importantly Montoya has better numbers than Price.

There is not 1 reason why Price should be higher than Montoya... not 1.

The list just sucks in general thou. Not impressed at all.

this guy

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

I guess we'll just give back our gold medals since we didn't win the game.
You can keep 'em we have plenty. I was just saying...you can't credit USA for dominating Canada, nor can you blame Canada for not playing well enough.

It was the stupidest play in WJC history as far as I'm concerned.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Haha, yeah obviously it means that Price is 15x the goaltender that Montoya is.

Put it in the books!

It was for this guy and nothing on montoya for god sake !
Montoya should be ahead of Price.

Price plays with little boys
Montoya plays with Men with far superior talent.

Most importantly Montoya has better numbers than Price.

There is not 1 reason why Price should be higher than Montoya... not 1.

The list just sucks in general thou. Not impressed at all.

AGAIN I REPEAT: MONTOYA DESERVES HIS RANKING , I JUST BELIEVE THAT PRICE IS ON PAR WITH MONTOYA !!!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I just find it pathetic that Canadians will never, ever give the US credit for winning that game. Instead, it was their goalie who lost it for them.

Just unreal!

What do you expect? You can't define a choke job better than that game. A two goal lead heading into the third period and the goalie scores on himself with five minutes left? The saying 'They didn't win, we lost' was invented to describe games like that.

Don't hold your breath waiting for people to credit the Americans for winning that game, it's one of the most legendary chokes in Canadian Hockey history and it will always be that way.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What do you expect? You can't define a choke job better than that game. A two goal lead heading into the third period and the goalie scores on himself with five minutes left? The saying 'They didn't win, we lost' was invented to describe games like that.

Don't hold your breath waiting for people to credit the Americans for winning that game, it's one of the most legendary chokes in Canadian Hockey history and it will always be that way.

All I hear from you guys is cry cry cry! Your team didn't suck it up and play harder despite Fleury. You guys lost the game and we won. Bottom line.

I mean, Christ. This is what pisses off US fans time after time again. The pathetic inability of Canadians to give credit when credit is due. And I mean pathetic in every way possible.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
All I hear from you guys is cry cry cry! Your team didn't suck it up and play harder despite Fleury. You guys lost the game and we won. Bottom line.

I mean, Christ. This is what pisses off US fans time after time again. The pathetic inability of Canadians to give credit when credit is due. And I mean pathetic in every way possible.

dont worry you won and got the medal ...

the only thing that bother canadian is that this team was highly touted as one of the best canadian team ever assembled together !

usa teams are now since that time , imo one of the best program for hockey prospects!

props to that team !

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa

There is no credit due...you guys didn't play better then we did.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
dont worry you won and got the medal ...

the only thing that bother canadian is that this team was highly touted as one of the best canadian team ever assembled together !

usa teams are now since that time , imo one of the best program for hockey prospects!

props to that team !

Yeah, that Canadian team really was fantastic, too. VERY deep.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002

I guess things are different when you come from a culture of winning. WJHC victories are expected in Canada, and when your team bombs a game like Canada did in 2004, it's not pathetic to call a spade a spade.

While you are taking patriotic cheap shots, let me say I'd consider failing to medal as a defending champs on home ice and then failing to medal as gold medal favourites in Vancouver is more pathetic than fan interpretations of the outcome of a game.

Calling a choke job a choke job isn't pathetic. A supposed hockey power winning one medal in 10 years is pathetic.

Checker*

[I]EJ is so overhyped[/I].

Backstrom
Toews
JJ
Rask
EJ
Barker
Mueller
Toews
Parent
O'Sullivan (even if he don't deserve it)

Oh yeah of course he is, and Carey Price will be walking on water this time next year.:shakehead

I remember a little of the EJ is overrated sentiment at the beginning of the WJCs after some early mistakes. Johnson then settled down and, oh yeah, won defenseman of the tournament honors.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Then you should've won the game.

Sorry, but you're just looking more and more like a classless, sore loser right now.

But go ahead. Keep showing your true colors.

There are, at the time of this post, 146 posts in this thread. Jon has made 29 of them. That's roughly 1 in 5.

With that in mind, could we maybe try to focus a little more on the list, and a little less on WJCs from 4 years ago and rehashing old arguments from other threads?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess things are different when you come from a culture of winning. WJHC victories are expected in Canada, and when your team bombs a game like Canada did in 2004, it's not pathetic to call a spade a spade.

While you are taking patriotic cheap shots, let me say I'd consider failing to medal as a defending champs on home ice and then failing to medal as gold medal favourites in Vancouver is more pathetic than fan interpretations of the outcome of a game.

Calling a choke job a choke job isn't pathetic. A supposed hockey power winning one medal in 10 years is pathetic.

Why are you attacking the US when I never said anything about the last number of teams being absolutely pathetic?

Unless you've missed my MANY comments about the US team around the WJC times in the last few years (and you'd have to VERY conveniently miss me constantly bashing the teams, selection processes, etc) than I suggest you dig up some old posts of mine about the US squad.

But I think you're trying to take a shot at me for the sake of it since I don't see how you could possibly have missed all my shots at the US squad year after year.

But hey, don't let that get in your way of taking a needless shot at me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad