Hockey's Future Top 50 prospects Spring 2007: 11-25

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
I know your not a habs fans ... but bruins fans wont be happy with that comment !
never say something bad against a bruins prospect even less if you compare him with a habs prospect .. it will definately dont turn well !
This is hilarious and quite hypocritical. You're a Habs fan who is currently jumping all over Jon Rx for saying something the least bit negative about a Habs prospect (Halak) and you are saying Bruins fans are the ones who will overreact when their prospect isn't fully praised? LOL!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
again its not about halak ...
damn it .. you just said yourself that you cannot attack any habs prospects without getting any heat .. i just responded to you !

Considering your post made it seem like you were saying that I attacked Halak (and I never used the words attack about any Habs prospect -- just that I offered criticism and negative thoughts about them and was attacked), I figured that's what you meant.

I never said I attacked your prospects. Just offered constructive criticism. With Halak, so far it seems like he can't keep up with the NHL speed. I'm sure that can be corrected, but it is something that worries me about a goaltending prospect. It's a huge difference between the NHL and the AHL and sometimes elite AHL players simply cannot make that jump.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
i think the issue, jon, was your use of the words 'legitimate prospect.'

And why is that something to be so ****ing angry over? If Montoya came up and played 7 games and put up ******** numbers and seemed like he couldn't keep up, I'd say the same damn thing about him.

I like Nigel Dawes a lot but I'm starting to have doubts about his ability to be a legitimate top 6 forward at the NHL level. It's more just a hunch, but it's definitely in my mind right now.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is hilarious and quite hypocritical. You're a Habs fan who is currently jumping all over Jon Rx for saying something the least bit negative about a Habs prospect (Halak) and you are saying Bruins fans will overreact when their prospect isn't fully praised? LOL!

omg ,
I dont ****ing care about halak !
to me he's not the habs future in the pipe ; it's Price !!!
As for the bruins comment it was a joke !
People take things way too seriously over here.

again i'll shut up , people will say that I praised halak to go on the top 50 and that im a homer and that all habs fans are homer ...etc...

for the record :
i'm happy for montoya and his ranking ( i just beleive there is no significant difference between both goaltender and for that reason price might deserve to be higher on the list, but again i have no problem with list and understand it's all speculation)

Halak does not deserves to be in the top 50 (he will need to prove himself a little bit more and even tough he's very solid technical and seem very determined to get better , I beleive the guy of the future for the habs is Price)

Rask (he fully deserves to be in the top 10, he dominated everywhere he went and he seems to have all the attributes to be a franchise goalie, but at some point he'll have to come over in the AHL/NHL )

anything else ?

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
And why is that something to be so ****ing angry over? If Montoya came up and played 7 games and put up ******** numbers and seemed like he couldn't keep up, I'd say the same damn thing about him.

I like Nigel Dawes a lot but I'm starting to have doubts about his ability to be a legitimate top 6 forward at the NHL level. It's more just a hunch, but it's definitely in my mind right now.

right now I wonder whether or not dawes will get a legitimate chance. Until I see that he can't keep up, I have no reason to think that he can't.

Legitimate is a tricky word, it gets people riled up.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I'm not saying he has. Just that I disagree that Halak has somehow proven a lot more than Montoya which was what you were implying with your original post where you insinuated that you saw Halak as the superior player.
I don't think he's superior nor inferior to Montoya at this point. I just don't understand how Montoya could crack the top 15 and Halak would be left out of the top 50. It's just mind boggling to me.

Jon Rx said:
Montoya has a gold medal at the WJCs. While it doesn't mean much, it shows the guy can really step up when the pressure counts. He's a real winner. That was his main thing when he was drafted. He was a winner and a real competitor. I'd honestly be shocked if Montoya was not a starting goalie in the NHL (on what team I do not know).
Halak had a 2.17 GAA and was 4th in Save % in the WJCs. It's not his fault that his team wasn't at the level of Montoyas or Prices or Pogges....etc.

I think both have a solid chance at being starters in 2-3 years and I even think that Montoya is more of a lock to being a starter, but I just don't understand how Montoya can be in the top 15 (nearly top 10) and Halak wouldn't be in the top 50. That's all I'm saying.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
the problems with player/prospect with small stature is that they always have to prove more if they want to get a fair chance .. and sometimes you try them and it doesnt work but they get traded/waived to another team and it works very well..
IMO it's the samething with Dawes , he has the skillset and attitude to do well but he might just not be in the good situation.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think he's superior nor inferior to Montoya at this point. I just don't understand how Montoya could crack the top 15 and Halak would be left out of the top 50. It's just mind boggling to me.

Halak had a 2.17 GAA and was 4th in Save % in the WJCs. It's not his fault that his team wasn't at the level of Montoyas or Prices or Pogges....etc.

I think both have a solid chance at being starters in 2 years and I even think that Montoya is more of a lock to being a starter, but I just don't understand how Montoya can be in the top 15 (nearly top 10) and Halak wouldn't be in the top 50. That's all I'm saying.

For the record, I myself think that Halak should've been in the top 50.

I mean, ****ing Nilsson made the list over him. That's pathetic.

Montoya cracks the top 15 because he was picked 6th overall and has been simply stellar since entering the AHL. He's been just fantastic. He has a lot more hype behind him than Halak has ever had. Halak has gone out and proved a lot of people wrong, but he was still a late round pick and people will always tend to have a lower view of said player.

Now, if Halak is not on the list next year there will be some serious explaining to do from the Hockey's Future team.

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
omg ,
I dont ****ing care about halak !
to me he's not the habs future in the pipe ; it's Price !!!
As for the bruins comment it was a joke !
People take things way too seriously over here.

again i'll shut up , people will say that I praised halak to go on the top 50 and that im a homer and that all habs fans are homer ...etc...

for the record :
i'm happy for montoya and his ranking ( i just beleive there is no significant difference between both goaltender and for that reason price might deserve to be higher on the list, but again i have no problem with list and understand it's all speculation)

Halak does not deserves to be in the top 50 (he will need to prove himself a little bit more and even tough he's very solid technical and seem very determined to get better , I beleive the guy of the future for the habs is Price)

Rask (he fully deserves to be in the top 10, he dominated everywhere he went and he seems to have all the attributes to be a franchise goalie, but at some point he'll have to come over in the AHL/NHL )

anything else ?
Nothing else, chief...I agree with this post 100%. I just didn't laugh and since it was over the internet, so naturally I didn't get that it was a joke.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Montoya should be ahead of Price.

Price plays with little boys
Montoya plays with Men with far superior talent.

Most importantly Montoya has better numbers than Price.

There is not 1 reason why Price should be higher than Montoya... not 1.

The list just sucks in general thou. Not impressed at all.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
Glad to see Halak made the top 10 but I really thought Price would be above him based on future upside.

Hard to say its a surprise to see him top 10 though because he has been nothing less the spectacular since being drafted

03 WJC U-18 .932 sv% and top goalie honours
03-04 .942 sv% in Slovak mens league
04 WJC U-20 .930 sv% one of top goalies easily as 18 yo
04-05 .913 sv% QMJHL one of the top in the league (on a bad team)
05 WJC .915 sv% 3rd in the tourney behind Glass and Schwartz

Since becoming a pro (41 AHL, 20 ECHL,7 NHL)
68 gms - .925 sv% , 2.26 gaa, 11 shutouts (take out the 7 NHL games and these numbers are god like)

Ya I guess its easy to see why he will be top 10 because I don't see a credible prospect site not even giving any mention to a player that has played this well over the last couple of years and is still only 21. No one on a prospect site is dumb enough to write a player off after 3 so-so games, 1 brutal game, and 3 good games at the NHL level especially a goalie are they?

GSK*

Really bad at the NHL level, I guess would be a good answer.

lol yeah right... He was just awesome in his first three games... The whole team sucked during that period.

Did Montoya win his first 3 NHL games... Oh yeah right, he never played in the NHL...

Halak potential is great, he got talent, you just didn't watch him more then one game where the d-squad was sucking hardcore.

I'm not saying that Halak is a better prospect then Montoya, which I really doubt, Montoya upside is better in my opinion, but to said that Halak suck at the NHL is just horrible. They are both born in 1985, Halak is better in the AHL then him, won his 3 first NHL games and then the team was starting to blow...

Please don't make comments about a player when you just saw him play once... Because I remember a game that Lundqvist was sucking... LUNDQVIST IS BADD!

Last edited by a moderator:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
EJ
JJ
Toews
Backstrom
Kessel
Rask
Radulov
Schremp (I don't see him dropping out of the top 50 so it only makes sense that he is in the top 10)
Little
Parent

(In no paricular order)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
stop attacking my prospects

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Here's what I think the top 10 could be:

JJ
EJ
O'Sullivan (can't see how he drops out of the top 50 when he was 9th last year)
Backstrom
Toews
Kessel
Rask
Mueller
Barker
Radulov/Schremp/Parent/etc

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We have to remember that Parent was NOT a top 50 prospect last year. He wasn't even on the list.

To jump all the way to top 10 from not even being on the list after not having improved in a Phaneuf-esque way would be mind boggling.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Montoya should be ahead of Price.

Price plays with little boys
Montoya plays with Men with far superior talent.

Most importantly Montoya has better numbers than Price.

There is not 1 reason why Price should be higher than Montoya... not 1.

The list just sucks in general thou. Not impressed at all.

WJC MVP ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->