Hockey's Future Top 50 prospects Spring 2007: 11-25

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I don't believe they wil put Malkin and Kopitar on (I know they're technically still prospects) but a staff member hinted that clearly established nhlers will be left off.
That means Carle will be off. Kessel is a toss-up, he won't have 65 GP when the top 10 are announced, he might not at the end of this season either.

BTW - you forgot Jonathan "****ing Awesome" Toews.

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Marc Staal #12 because god forbid someone admitted that there might be a single Staal who won't be great.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't believe they wil put Malkin and Kopitar on (I know they're technically still prospects) but a staff member hinted that clearly established nhlers will be left off.

So that might mean that Brulé could make this list, even if I don't think this guy will ever go down? (we're not talking about a 1st line center here...)

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Marc Staal #12 because god forbid someone admitted that there might be a single Staal who won't be great.

he's actually #13 and no one said he will be great, but he's a very good prospect. I'd say he's as safe as prospects come, very good likely hood that he turns into a good shut down dman. Whether or not the offence ever comes around is a differant question.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That means Carle will be off. Kessel is a toss-up, he won't have 65 GP when the top 10 are announced, he might not at the end of this season either.

BTW - you forgot Jonathan "****ing Awesome" Toews.

Hummm.... not me!!! took someone else's list :)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So...
EJ
JJ
Backstrom
Kessel
Parent
Toews
... And maybe Radulov

Should be locks. If Malkin and Kopitar do not make the list... That still means Brulé and Carle could be there. Plus one guy. I think Ondrej Pavelec was deserving a spot on this list, but he just won't go top-10.

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
Let's see...

EJ,JJ,Kessel,Backstrom,Radulov and Parent.

Kopitar, ... Malkin (!?), Matt Carle, and ... who? Gilbert Brule?
Not sure if the guys you listed make the cut (due to games played) but I'm pretty positive Rask is top 10. No chance he is left out of the top 50 when he was the top rated goalie outside the NHL in the prior rankings and has since gone on to tear up SM-Liiga while playing on a very poor team.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Parent a shutdown defenseman who plays a virtually flawless game. He should be in the top 10. Ditto Staal.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Stellar?

So what has Jaroslav Halak been?

also stellar, wouldn't suprise me if Halak made the top 10, seeing as there's atleast 1 spot left that no one can pin down.

somthing to take into account is that montoya got off to a slow start, but since december 22 his numbers are just absurd (his GAA is somewhere around 1.52.)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
also stellar, wouldn't suprise me if Halak made the top 10, seeing as there's atleast 1 spot left that no one can pin down.

somthing to take into account is that montoya got off to a slow start, but since december 22 his numbers are just absurd (his GAA is somewhere around 1.52.)

Let's see.... I would have been less surprised if Sergei Kostitsyn would have made it to this list than Jaroslav Halak.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He still played more at NHL leven than Montoya at this point.

What's your point? Montoya won't see NHL ice until next year. All we know now is that Halak has not been great at the NHL level and has a ******** to prove right now that he's actually a legitimate NHL prospect. Montoya hasn't had the chance and he won't for a while.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bergfors is too high in my opinion. I like how he controls the pace in the offensive zone but just don't see too many things he excells at. Two more years in the AHL and he may be an offensive wizzard though.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He still played more at NHL leven than Montoya at this point.

So has Marek Schwarz (a whole 60 minutes more) ... and you don't see me screaming, "OMG, MONTOYA IS OVERRATED, WHAT A LOSER!"

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
pfff so you watched him play in the NHL ??

I guess not... your judging from his stats!

I saw him play VS the Rangers and he was simply awful. Reminds me a lot of Jason Labarbera. Great AHL goalie, not so hot at the NHL level.

And I defended him a lot if you could find my back comments around a while back.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
What's your point? Montoya won't see NHL ice until next year. All we know now is that Halak has not been great at the NHL level and has a ******** to prove right now that he's actually a legitimate NHL prospect. Montoya hasn't had the chance and he won't for a while.

he's played 7 gamesw, arn't you jumping the gun a bit?

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

again have you seen halak play in the NHL ?
he was doing everything good except one game where the team defense was non-existant !!
I would never ever base his skills or dedication on that game ...

If you want a good example go on hockeydb.com and type tomas vokoun & watch his stats with the habs !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad