Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring 2006: 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

StealingSociety said:
How do you know what he's going to be?
You dont. How do you know he's not going to be?
Heres a newsflash for ya. Its all an opinion.

Sammy*

kingpest19 said:
Easy Ovechkin has put up better numbers. Both are first year nhl players. Ovechkin has also put up better numbers in less games

So I take it in your world you do not take into account age differences?
Like, you evaluate a 25 year old's potential the same as you wouls a 20 year old, with no regard to their age differences?

Last edited by a moderator:

KariyaIsGod*

The list is a joke.

How can you put a 20 year old over an 18 year old in terms of a PROSPECT list when they are pretty much dead even during their rookie campaigns.

It defies logic itself...

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
DrMoses said:
The list is a joke.

How can you put a 20 year old over an 18 year old in terms of a PROSPECT list when they are pretty much dead even during their rookie campaigns.

"His size, superior sniping skills, and demonstrated ability to put a team on his back give him the slight edge over Sidney Crosby, though there is very little separating the two in terms of potential"

just because not all share your opinion does not make it a "joke"

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Mothra said:
"His size, superior sniping skills, and demonstrated ability to put a team on his back give him the slight edge over Sidney Crosby, though there is very little separating the two in terms of potential"

just because not all share your opinion does not make it a "joke"
Well, he also thinks Dainius Zubrus is a superior offensive threat to Recchi+Palffy+Lemieux+Gonchar.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
DrMoses said:
The list is a joke.

How are they "pretty much even"? Ovechkin is doing more w/much less on the scoresheet and leads Crosby in basically every category. They are 1 draft year apart.

Wake up.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
DrMoses said:
The list is a joke.

How are they "pretty much even"? Ovechkin is doing more w/much less on the scoresheet and leads Crosby in basically every statistical category. His team also has more wins. They are 1 draft year apart.

Wake up.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
EroCaps said:
How are they "pretty much even"? Ovechkin is doing more w/much less on the scoresheet and leads Crosby in basically every statistical category. His team also has more wins. They are 1 draft year apart.

Wake up.
Draft, schmaft. He's about a year and 11 mo. older than Crosby. He leads Crosby by 4 points on a comparable team. Sure, Sid has the geriatric pair of Leclair and Recchi to work with but all things considered they are pretty damn close. Yes, it is "pretty much even" to most people outside of Washington and Pittsburgh.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
ryz said:
Draft, schmaft. He's about a year and 11 mo. older than Crosby. He leads Crosby by 4 points on a comparable team. Sure, Sid has the geriatric pair of Leclair and Recchi to work with but all things considered they are pretty damn close. Yes, it is "pretty much even" to most people outside of Washington and Pittsburgh.
Strictly in stats, they're more or less even. But I think it's the rest of the things that make a hockey player where Ovechkin has widened the gap. Physical game, 2way play being the most noteworthy. Crosby might catch up on in two years, and he might not. There's nothing wrong with going with the guy who is doing it now.

jacketracket*

Great write-up ... anyone else notice a glaring error, though?

Ovechkin was drafted in '04, not '03 ...

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
I can't believe I'm being sucked into this Crosby vs. Ovechkin conundrum, but I'm surprised that no one (that I've seen) has mentioned coaching.

Having seen the Caps a few times this season, Hanlon seems to get a very weak line-up to work hard and post some decent results. If Recchi and Leclair are supposed to make such a difference to Crosby's individual production, I think the dysfunctional coaching/chemistry should be weighted at least as much.

Randall Graves*

jacketracket said:

Thanks, I didn't know that until you posted it.

KariyaIsGod*

Seph said:
Strictly in stats, they're more or less even. But I think it's the rest of the things that make a hockey player where Ovechkin has widened the gap. Physical game, 2way play being the most noteworthy. Crosby might catch up on in two years, and he might not. There's nothing wrong with going with the guy who is doing it now.

Just because AO hits doesn't make him a better two way player.

Crosby has played well in his own and and has shown he's not afraid to hit either. Plus he controls the puck more and makes more room for his teammates.

It's even.

KariyaIsGod*

jacketracket said:

Not true. Didn't Florida attempt to draft him in the final round of the 03 draft?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
DrMoses said:
Crosby has played well in his own and and has shown he's not afraid to hit either. Plus he controls the puck more and makes more room for his teammates.

Jagr does all of that. Is he a defensive player? :biglaugh:

Crosby has *twice* as many PMs, a worse +/-, hits far less, and doesn't play the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad