And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Just thought I should add Ovechkin was drafted in 2004, not 2003. That is all

Lowball Norm

Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Evilo said:
I still stand by what I said the last time when Crosby was ranked first : they should be tied.
There's really no way to tell who's going to be better in 10 years between Ovechkin and Sid.

Yes, but right now Ovechkin is better than Crosby, so he gets the #1 spot.

There are no ties anymore. Sid lost the shootout.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
I don't see how Ovechkin beats out Crosby. This is about prospects right? Crosby is nearly 2 years younger than Ovechkin and has only 4 points less than him at this point in the season.

Also, Meszaros and Prucha are quite low for their performances in the NHL.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
champben2002 said:
I don't see how Ovechkin beats out Crosby. This is about prospects right? Crosby is nearly 2 years younger than Ovechkin and has only 4 points less than him at this point in the season.

Are you arguing against yourself? :sarcasm:

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
KING ELVI said:
The whole top 50 will change a lot this next season with most playing in 65+ nhl games by the end of this season. The list looks like a best young nhl players list imo.

Agreed. Bunch of guys that shouldn't be on this list because of graduation. Six of the top seven are NHL regulars, not prospects.

HF needs to be forward looking, not backwards. Let the cursory examinations of folks such as THN include guys like that, a dedicated site like this should be going beyond the pale, and identifying *true* prospects.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
champben2002 said:

You are correct, it doesn't make any sense,only at HF.

Maithz

Le Golie said:
Toivonen is not near those two.

totally agree , not because im a habs fan , Toivoinen is a great goaltender , could be a #1 in future but Lehtonen and Lundqvist are just better

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
champben2002 said:

Easy Ovechkin has put up better numbers. Both are first year nhl players. Ovechkin has also put up better numbers in less games

Randall Graves*

remember all the talk earlier of AO not getting assists? well he's not too far behind the wonderboy now.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
kingpest19 said:
Easy Ovechkin has put up better numbers. Both are first year nhl players. Ovechkin has also put up better numbers in less games

So? He is 2 yrs older. We can only hope that Crosby will improve over the next 2 years. And if he improves, he will be massacre Ovechkin's stats as 20. If you are talking prospects than potential counts and right now Crosby has more potential.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
It can be argued - in fact theres no arguement, Crosby plays with more talented players too.

And...
Look at the winners of the Rocket Richard trophy or the Art Ross. Many of the players played on pretty mediocre offences.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
champben2002 said:
So? He is 2 yrs older. We can only hope that Crosby will improve over the next 2 years. And if he improves, he will be massacre Ovechkin's stats as 20. If you are talking prospects than potential counts and right now Crosby has more potential.

And we could go back to the teammates issue. It could be easily said ovechkin does more with less. And how exactly does Crosby have more potential?

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
champben2002 said:

whats your definition of massacre? Say Ovechkin nets 45 this year, is Crosby going to be a 50-60 goal scorer in 2 years? b/c 15+ goals would be a massacre of his current goal scoring stats

But anyways I still think Crosby should be #1 and that's coming from a capitals fan

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
Joe Thornton #1 Fan said:
I think Lehtonen and Lundqvist get too much love...Toivonen has looked just as capable while being a year younger than Lehtonen and 2 years younger than Lundqvist.

Thoughts? or am I just Bruins-biased?

Did you check the stats or just based in on what you've seen. Because, I checked and Toivenen has a GAA of over 2.60 and Lundqvist is second in the league with 2.09. Plus Lundqvist's save percentage is 9.27 compared to Toivenen's 9.14 (which is very good I agree). Yes, perhaps the 2 years should be taken into account as a measurement of prospects, but still it's 2 years, not 5 years we're talking about. However I don't think it's a question about whether Lundqvist has been better than Toivenen THIS YEAR or not.

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
BTW why is Vanek that much higher than Svatos and Prucha, if it was me I'd put him behind the other 2, but even if not, why is he 6 spots higher than Svatos and 17 than Prucha. That's a joke.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
StealingSociety said:
BTW why is Vanek that much higher than Svatos and Prucha, if it was me I'd put him behind the other 2, but even if not, why is he 6 spots higher than Svatos and 17 than Prucha. That's a joke.
because Vanek is going to be a machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad