Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

yawn, smid gets no respect. Not saying he's a top 25 prospect, but would you guys leave Mattias Ohlund off of the top 50 list?

Detox

Nov 17, 2004
The 780
RallyKiller said:
yawn, smid gets no respect. Not saying he's a top 25 prospect, but would you guys leave Mattias Ohlund off of the top 50 list?
I was unaware the Smid was Ohlunds level without even playing a game at the NHL level...

Only objection with these rankings is Pouliot suprisngly high ranking (MIN must be tickeled) other then that, good job at compliling the list...its intresting to see various opinions on who the top prospects are

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
Fleury
Phaneuf
Suter
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Carter
Vanek

Those are the guys left in the top 10 I guess(not in order of course).

Top 10 looks good, except for maybe Suter. I'd put him around 15th or so, but still a nice list.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
dmcilvan said:
Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
Fleury
Phaneuf
Suter
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Carter
Vanek

Those are the guys left in the top 10 I guess(not in order of course).

Top 10 looks good, except for maybe Suter. I'd put him around 15th or so, but still a nice list.
my order for the list above

1. Crosby

2. Ovechkin

3. Lehtonen

4. Zherdev

5. Malkin

6. Carter

7. Phaneuf

8. Vanek

9. MAF

10. Suter

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
RallyKiller said:
Yawn, some guy complaining that his opinion doesn't jive with the opinions of the HF staff.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
From my former position as a writer for HF, I despised these threads.

Every Joe Phan, from Joe Phan town, whining about Joe Phan's team's prospect being left off, too low, yakity shmakity blah blah blah.

To all you Joe Phans out there.....comment about the list as a general work and/or omit any reference to a player that plays on your favourite team and we will all be better off.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
slats432 said:

Every Joe Phan, from Joe Phan town, whining about Joe Phan's team's prospect being left off, too low, yakity shmakity blah blah blah.

To all you Joe Phans out there.....comment about the list as a general work and/or omit any reference to a player that plays on your favourite team and we will all be better off.
So where the hell's Max Gordichuk?

Vic Rattlehead*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Hmm..because your a bruins fan?? That doesnt say much.

No, because of potential. Toivonen has the potential to be a franchise goalies. Tyutin is great, but I just think goalies are more valuable than defenceman.

EDIT---Great list though, I have basically nothing wrong with it.

Randall Graves*

HotSizzle said:
I was unaware the Smid was Ohlunds level without even playing a game at the NHL level...

Only objection with these rankings is Pouliot suprisngly high ranking (MIN must be tickeled) other then that, good job at compliling the list...its intresting to see various opinions on who the top prospects are
Thats who he is usually compared to.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
gazoooks

shouldn't be suprised, but I would take Ryan Kesler easily over 10 guys on this list.

Randall Graves*

slats432 said:

Hey if you want to 'publish' an online magazine, be prepared for criticism just like any other normal writer.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
I know I'm a habs fan, but anyne else suprise to see Price not there. He is the only of the top 6 not listed and there are some listed who went even later. I think they drop the ball on this one. Maybe not top-25 but top-50 yes.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
I know I'm a habs fan, but anyne else suprise to see Price not there. He is the only of the top 6 not listed and there are some listed who went even later. I think they drop the ball on this one. Maybe not top-25 but top-50 yes.
Price is a mid 1st rounder at best, but the Habs picked him 5th overall. There are plenty of goalies that are better than him and deserve to be on the list more than he does. Leneveau, Leclaire, Ouellet, Harding are all prime examples

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
golleafsgo_17 said:
Price is a mid 1st rounder at best, but the Habs picked him 5th overall. There are plenty of goalies that are better than him and deserve to be on the list more than he does. Leneveau, Leclaire, Ouellet, Harding are all prime examples

Wow he has more upside than all of them. You should see a guy more than twice on TV before running your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad