Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seems quite logical to me.
I don't understand why some feel Fleury should be lower. He had a first month in the NHL that few ever had.
In any case, I think it's a rare occasion where no number one should have been given.
Ovechkin and Crosby should be both number one.

I may be a Pens fan, but I still don't see how one could be ranked above the other.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Evilo said:
I don't understand why some feel Fleury should be lower. He had a first month in the NHL that few ever had.
In any case, I think it's a rare occasion where no number one should have been given.
Ovechkin and Crosby should be both number one.

I may be a Pens fan, but I still don't see how one could be ranked above the other.
Well said - I just wish they would of put Ovechkin first so everyone would **** about Crosby no offense its getting annoying beyond belief. As for Fleury he has more potential then Lehtonen i believe just more unlikely to reach it but mark my word he will be a top 5 golie in the league and no one should be before him except Lehtonen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wouldn't rank Ovechkin over Crosby.
But both are amazing prospects, and I just don't feel they should be behind anyone.

They should be co-number ones.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Evilo said:

sorry to break it to you but MAF sucks since that 1 month...and Jim Carey has a good 1st year in the NHL, so what?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Holly Gunning said:

I realize it borders on nitpicking, but Ovechkin was more than a "part" of the Russian World Championship squad; he led them in goals, points, and GWG- at 19.

When you're projecting a prospect, stats like those seem relevant IMO. I noticed Crosby's WJC stint wasn't included either. The tourney where he was the 3rd/4th best forward on his team and Ovechkin won best forward.

But all in all, great job on the rankings. :clap:

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Good top ten, and nothing suprising.

I think you can make a case that Lehtonen is ahead of Ovechkin, and Phaneuf is ahead of Zherdev and Malkin but no worries, I'm a biased Flames fan.

The top 6 are all franchise potential players, just insane.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
EroCaps said:
I realize it borders on nitpicking, but Ovechkin was more than a "part" of the Russian World Championship squad; he led them in goals, points, and GWG- at 19.

When you're projecting a prospect, stats like those seem relevant IMO. I noticed Crosby's WJC stint wasn't included either. The tourney where he was the 3rd/4th best forward on his team and Ovechkin won best forward.

Even considering that Crosby is a better prospect and rightly deserves to be #1. And it does not border on nitpicking, it is nitpicking

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You cant have conumber ones, that defeats the purpose of determining who is the BEST prospect. Crosby definitely deserves it, and even though Ovechkin is amazing, he is not a phenom in my opinion. Crosby is because he rounds out the game better. Although he can score goals, which is obvious, he is the best passer i have ever seen. Ovechkin is faster and stronger (and older), but he does not exemplify the same vision and strength in the corners i see with crosby. I think that iin 7 or 8 years, Ovechkin may be leading the league in goals, but Crosby will lead it in points. I see both of their max potentials to be something like this:

Crosby 50 90 140
Ovechkin 55 65 120

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
EroCaps said:

you have to consider that crosby is two years younger than ovechkin though. crosby's accomplishments for his age are pretty awesome.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Evilo said:

I'll disagree with that, Lehtonen's 4 games & Niittymaki's 3 games played in 03-04 were very bit as good if not better than Fleury's October.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:
you have to consider that crosby is two years younger than ovechkin though. crosby's accomplishments for his age are pretty awesome.

its all about how you see it ............ I remember Ovechkin broke the goal record (14Goals - U18 ) with 17 or 16 ? What Ovechkin did in hes "young" age is awesome ! But hey he didnt put up some hevy points in the canadien J leg.

Nr 1 and 2 dont suprise me at all .
If both ( Ovechkin ) would be canadien .....im pretty sure Ovechkin would get the Nr1 spot. Simply because he plays more of the north american game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->