Hockey's Future Organizational Rankings, Spring 2011 21-30

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Flames writeup was absurd.

HF staff should try to watch Max Reihnart at the Memorial Cup. Obviously they haven't seen him play.

BenThatcher

Oct 30, 2006
Would anyone, including Philly fans take the Flyers prospects over the Flames? The presence of Erixon alone gives the Flames an edge.

Calgary is definately in the bottom third but I would put them at about 25.

Signability is a factor. Players don't want to sign in Calgary, as evidenced by Erixon refusing to sign despite being offered max money. Eight months of winter can be hard to take.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Signability is a factor. Players don't want to sign in Calgary, as evidenced by Erixon refusing to sign despite being offered max money. Eight months of winter can be hard to take.

Cgy winters aren't even that bad lol

JiriHrdina

Jul 8, 2005

What? When this list was created Erixon was property of the Flames. And no I don't think HF consider "signability" when making these rankings.

Pyke*

Honestly Calgary summers are worse than Calgary winters.

Chinooks work both ways :P

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
I don't necessarily disagree with the Wild's position (although it is a bit low considering last year's excellent draft)

but the writeup makes no sense.

No depth in goal? they had trouble signing kuemper because he was worried about there being too many high level goalies (ahl) in the system

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's the early darkness that got me. Summer was sweet...light out until after 10. Then September hits. Brutal!

Plenty of days when you drive to work in the dark and leave work in the dark. Now that's depressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad