Hockey's Future Organizational Rankings, Spring 2011 11-20

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I've been on HF.com for 9 years.

The highest the Leafs had been prior to the last couple years was #18 I think.

Most of the last 9 years we've been in the bottom 6-8 in organizational rankings.

Not that it matters really.

That seems about accurate considering how poorly Toronto performed in the NHL in recent years.

I would agree, however, that as a major market team, the Leafs get beat up more than other teams. As one Canadian once told me, "We all pull for each other in Canada because we are afraid of teams moving to the United States like Quebec and Winnipeg did. Except Toronto. We all hate the Leafs. They aren't moving south anyway."

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
That seems about accurate considering how poorly Toronto performed in the NHL in recent years.

I would agree, however, that as a major market team, the Leafs get beat up more than other teams. As one Canadian once told me, "We all pull for each other in Canada because we are afraid of teams moving to the United States like Quebec and Winnipeg did. Except Toronto. We all hate the Leafs. They aren't moving south anyway."

Leafs are to NHL what Yankees are to MLB - everyone loves to hate them, but they're such an ingrained fixture you can't avoid em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->