Hockey's Future Organizational Rankings, Spring 2011 1-10 - Discuss

iupswack

Apr 4, 2011
Jefferson Hills, PA
did they update the descriptions and rankings of the team?? just hard to see drew shore at number 11 for florida and as a top 50 overall prospect... he's ranked ahead of bjugstad in the top 50 prospects but not in the florida rankings of prospects....

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
glad to see the isles high, such a lagre number of great young players and prospects.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm a little confused with their "weakness". Isn't Hamonic a crease clearing defenseman that can fight?

That sort of confused me as well. I also wouldn't consider him a prospect. I know the rules are anybody under 65 games but he played like 62 games this year

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I'm a little confused with their "weakness". Isn't Hamonic a crease clearing defenseman that can fight?

Much like the Leafs have no "Legit" "cant miss" centre/franchise prospects. In reality any prospect of that calibre would be an NHL regular. Therefore, the weaknesses seem to hint at the organizational needs as whole, roster and prospects.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
Great to see the leafs considered as one of the best organizations when it comes to prospects according to hf. One of the youngest nhl rosters too. Burkes done a great job, just need to make the playoffs.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Chris Krieder is officially the most overrated NHL prospect. No way they should be higher than Anaheim or TO. And I also think that Columbus pool is a little overrated. Calvert tops out as an occasional 55 pt guy, John Moore likely is never anything more than a 3rd pairing guy. My top 10:

1. LA
2. Nashville
3. St Louis
4. Florida
5. New York Isles
6. Columbus
7. Anaheim
8. Toronto
9. Rangers
10. Edmonton

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Excited that the Kings are on top. They need their prospects to step up though, our prospects have been promising for years now. It is time to start showing what they've got.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
It's nice to see that even though the "Big 3" graduated that we still have a solid prospect pool.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Chris Krieder is officially the most overrated NHL prospect. No way they should be higher than Anaheim or TO. And I also think that Columbus pool is a little overrated. Calvert tops out as an occasional 55 pt guy, John Moore likely is never anything more than a 3rd pairing guy. My top 10:

1. LA
2. Nashville
3. St Louis
4. Florida
5. New York Isles
6. Columbus
7. Anaheim
8. Toronto
9. Rangers
10. Edmonton

i prefer our prospect pool to anaheims. i like kreider better than etem. mcdonagh is a much better D prospect than anyone anaheim has although hes really not a prospect anymore. thomas probably has the highest potential of any of the prospects although size might prevent him from reaching it. our 5th prospect on the list had 23 points in 42 games this year in the NHL...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
No surprise that the Rangers are ahead of who they are ahead of. I just really don't think that we had a top 10 pool. Maybe the prospect depth across the league is just that weak?

But we definitely should be ahead of Anaheim, Toronto and the Oilers. And it's not even really close.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
L.A's prospect pool isnt even fair. I get all excited about the Leafs pool, look at the Kings pool and get depressed

FireEverybody*

I think you can make a case for all 3 teams in 7,8,9.
Saying it not even close if very homerish. :laugh:

They are obviously very high on Kreider.

TrollololBoyle

Mar 22, 2010
Danbury, CT

1. LA
2. Nashville
3. St Louis
4. Florida
5. New York Isles
6. Columbus
7. Anaheim
8. Toronto
9. Rangers
10. Edmonton

Somebody call the whaaaaaaambulance?

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
It's becoming quite unusual for 1st liners, players with 60+ points to come from beyond the 1st round and many were drafted top-3 overall. Getting 1st liner from beyond the 1st round is really defying the odds... heck, getting one in the 1st round is hard enough.

The Rangers have Kreider, Grachev and Thomas as potential 1st liners, as they did with Stepan, Anisimov and seemingly any forward prospect who looked like he had a chance to make the NHL for years now.

Two Rangers forward draft picks have cracked 60+ points over the past 20 years; Marc Savard (1995) and Todd Marchant (1993) who did it once when Edm was desperate enough to use him as their #1 C.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

1. LA
2. Nashville
3. St Louis
4. Florida
5. New York Isles
6. Columbus
7. Anaheim
8. Toronto
9. Rangers
10. Edmonton

I'll take that for a 3rd liner. and John Moore as a 3rd pairing guy? I don't think so. He may never be a top pair guy but he's a 3/4 with a lot of upside. Columbus pool is very solid aside from goaltending as was pointed out. It's no LA but there is a lot of talent there.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Happy with where the Blues are placed. We got a great duo in Tarasenko/Schwartz, and can't wait to see them in a Blues uniform. Now if only Tarasenko would come over this summer....

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
It's becoming quite unusual for 1st liners, players with 60+ points to come from beyond the 1st round and many were drafted top-3 overall. Getting 1st liner from beyond the 1st round is really defying the odds... heck, getting one in the 1st round is hard enough.

The Rangers have Kreider, Grachev and Thomas as potential 1st liners, as they did with Stepan, Anisimov and seemingly any forward prospect who looked like he had a chance to make the NHL for years now.

Two Rangers forward draft picks have cracked 60+ points over the past 20 years; Marc Savard (1995) and Todd Marchant (1993) who did it once when Edm was desperate enough to use him as their #1 C.

You said the same thing in the last thread, and I'm not really sure why you're so against the Rangers ratings but I don't really agree with your point.

Stepan, Grachev, Thomas and Kreider do all have the potential to be 1st line players. Is it all that likely? No, probably not but the potential is there in all of them so I don't see the issue.

Aside from these four I also don't really remember any Rangers forwards prospects being touted as 1st line players. Not Dawes, not Korpikosi, not Immonen, certainly not Callahan or Dubinsky and not even Anisimov. So I don't really see the Rangers bias that your saying has been going on for years here.

And yeah, maybe Kreider is overrated, but I'm sure a ton of prospects on these lists are as well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
L.A's prospect pool isnt even fair. I get all excited about the Leafs pool, look at the Kings pool and get depressed

As exciting as it is as Kings fan to get the praise for the prospect system, the simple fact is that these prospects, for all their potential, need to start living up to it.

Not to mention that somehow, Kings fans will still be pissed when Lombardi will trade some of them away to strengthen the core of the team. They sound like good problems to have, but I would gladly have a lousy prospect pool right now if the Kings could just get one cup.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is don't get down about the Leafs pool. The potential people see is nothing until it's realized, and there are a lot of prospects with unseen potential who will step up.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The Predators defensive prospects are scary. Add to that their success with goaltenders deep in drafts/one of the best goaltending coaches in the game, and this team will continue to churn out NHLers.

What surprises me, as a fan, is the recent success at drafting tweener forwards. We continue to not find the elite talent, but drafting at the Predators typical position, this is not uncommon. However, the 2nd/3rd line talent appears flush in this system with guys like Borque/Latta/Beck/Budhish/Cehlin, etc. all with promising junior careers.

I'm excited as a fan.

In regards to the rankings, top three is where this organization belongs. Well done.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad