Hockey's Future Mid-season Organizational Rankings (1-10) posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEli*

Enoch said:
The Devils add Parise, and lose their blueline prospects......suddenly they are no. 4 overall?

Give me a break :shakehead

I like who they have, but 4th????

It probably has a lot to do with what Devils fans have been talking about in these threads. The emergence of Aleksander Suglobov and Tuomas Pihlman in Albany is bigger than we thought. The Devils didn't just add Parise either. Petr Vrana was a great selection last year and despite missing time in Halifax this season, he's playing very well. Even Adrian Foster was scoring some points earlier in the season.

I'm as surprised as you but...ah, nevermind. The Devils suck.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Enoch said:
The Devils add Parise, and lose their blueline prospects......suddenly they are no. 4 overall?

Give me a break :shakehead

I like who they have, but 4th????
They added Parise, Vrana (ranked top 10 by RDR) and was on CHL all rookie team, Khomutov (ranked top 10 red line ranking early in year)

They also still have Ahonen, Suglobov emerging, Pihlman's great season last year in Finland. Tallackson's stretch run while winning NCAA championship. Devils prospects have been overated on this site for years since I joined. Only now are they getting some recognition.....I didn't ecpect this though :)

jacketracket*

Nice work, HF staff. I don't think i'd have the patience for it.

I'm surprised by some of the complaints, too. As was already said, some arbitrary cut-off point has to be used, to determine "prospect" status.

Some common sense has to be used by readers, too. I'm able to look at the CBJ rankings and conclude that Zherdev is probably no longer a "prospect" as the term is used here---therefore, the CBJ should probably be ranked lower than listed here.

At the same time, I look at the Pens' rankings and conclude that MA Fleury is still a "prospect" in their system, so their standing should probably be higher.

Again, nice job to the HF staff!

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Legionnaire said:
By HF's criteria, if you are going to assume that Dustin Brown is going to play enough games to graduate, and exclude him from the rankings, you must also exclude Fredrik Sjostrom and Jeff Taffe from the Coyotes. If those two are excluded the Yotes fall to the middle of the pack IMO

Edit: Mike Cammalleri should also be included for the Kings if Taffe is for the Yotes.

Sorry to ***** and moan, I do appreciate the work, but the fact is, your adherence to the criteria is inconsistant and seems somewhat selective.

Dustin Brown made the Kings opening roster right? Dont know about Cammelleri - did he start in the AHL and called up soon after? Sjostrom and Taffe did not impress in preseason and did not make the team. They started the year in the AHL and were not called up for quite a while. I can see why they were treated differently.

Remember this project started a while ago and prospects were in different places.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Stevex said:
Dustin Brown made the Kings opening roster right? Dont know about Cammelleri - did he start in the AHL and called up soon after? Sjostrom and Taffe did not impress in preseason and did not make the team. They started the year in the AHL and were not called up for quite a while. I can see why they were treated differently.

Remember this project started a while ago and prospects were in different places.

That doesn't quite wash with me. The fact is, is that these ranking were just released. I am pretty sure the list was gone over time and time again, and probably one last final time before it was released, so it should have been recognized that those two were no longer eligible under HF's criteria.

If this list has the kind of thought that I think was put into it, then there should be a relative grasp of where a team would rank without two of it's top prospects. From there, it would be a fairly simple process of slotting them in their correct position, and then bumping each team up a spot.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Legionnaire said:
That doesn't quite wash with me. The fact is, is that these ranking were just released. I am pretty sure the list was gone over time and time again, and probably one last final time before it was released, so it should have been recognized that those two were no longer eligible under HF's criteria.

Actually Sjostrom is still eligible I think?

It may have been gone over time and time again but if you start taking out and eliminating prospects later on.. then you may as well as begin again from scratch because contributors ranked teams specifically based on prospects being included/excluded. If you have an editor subsequently reviewing prospects and bumping teams up and down then he may as well as have done the whole thing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad