Hockey's Future Fall 2005 Org Rankings (1-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
good work

although im starting to not really like these lists. I dont think current NHL players should really count at all on these lists or atleast take out the big ones that are gonna stick, it just doesnt seam right looking at dustin brown AGAIN for LA or Lehtonen for Atlanta.. oh well good work anyway

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just don't see the Rangers being that high without a single projectible 1st line forward .. and few if any top 6 forwards.

Lundqvist looks like the real deal. Their defense looks very solid, but not spectacular.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
John Flyers Fan said:
I just don't see the Rangers being that high without a single projectible 1st line forward .. and few if any top 6 forwards.

Lundqvist looks like the real deal. Their defense looks very solid, but not spectacular.
Agree, i think they have a very average set of prospects IMO.

Steve Latin*

Yet another example of HF's editors being total Penguins homers...

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
zetterberg40 said:
although im starting to not really like these lists. I dont think current NHL players should really count at all on these lists or atleast take out the big ones that are gonna stick, it just doesnt seam right looking at dustin brown AGAIN for LA or Lehtonen for Atlanta.. oh well good work anyway

I agree. Some of these teams are at the top because they have a bunch of NHL'ers on their lists, not prospects. Come on, Zherdev played *57* games for Columbus two years ago, is no longer eligible for the Calder, yet is still a prospect?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Steve Latin said:
Yeah...that is it. Having been on these committees, people bend over backwards to be object.

Yet another example of HF posters speaking without knowing the process.

Crosby, Malkin, Fleury...three top two picks in three years. Tell me...how does that not put them near the cream of the crop when you have three potential superstars, not to mention anything else in the organization?

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Steve Latin said:

lol - how dare they put a team with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and Whitney 1st overall.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
"they could use a little bit more of it (quality) between the pipes"

Come on, nobody found that funny? Their weakness is clearly forward prospects. Immonen and Korpikoski are the only ones on track to be top 2 line players. Graham needs a lot to [continue to] go right for him. Jessiman is not progressing, though power forwards supposedly take longer to develop but IDK about that.

As for their actual ranking I'm not going to debate since I haven't seen other teams' guys. However the Rangers have Staal, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Baranka, Pock, Sauer who not only have top 4 potential, and they are progresing the way you would want as of now.

Last edited:

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
zetterberg40 said:
good work

As for Brown its because he still falls in the prospect criteria and if he wasn't there then Tambellini can take a spot on the list. That being said is it that you dont like Brown on there or our team being #4 (Just a question not insulting you)

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
In regards to comments about teams with "NHL players" on the list.

A hard line has to be drawn at some time. HF has made a decision where that line will be, and no matter where that line is, people will be unhappy.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
NYRangers said:
"they could use a little bit more of it (quality) between the pipes"

Come on, nobody found that funny? Their weakness is clearly forward prospects. Immonen and Kondratiev are the only ones on track to be top 2 line players. Graham needs a lot to [continue to] go right for him. Jessiman is not progressing, though power forwards supposedly take longer to develop but IDK about that.

reread the NYR weaknesses,
more depth between the pipes
questions up front are mentioned as a weakness...
Kondratiev is a defenseman?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
slats432 said:
Yeah...that is it. Having been on these committees, people bend over backwards to be object.

Yet another example of HF posters speaking without knowing the process.

Crosby, Malkin, Fleury...three top two picks in three years. Tell me...how does that not put them near the cream of the crop when you have three potential superstars, not to mention anything else in the organization?

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>
synonym see WIT

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=Sarcasm&x=26&y=17

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Jaded-Fan said:
Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>
synonym see WIT

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=Sarcasm&x=26&y=17
Steve a Penguins fan? Nothing in his post or profile indicates such.

Hence the reaction. And there is nothing in his post that indicates sarcasm.

And if you have ever been in one of these HF Ranking threads, there are enough complainers that it is tough without the obvious to pick out sarcasm.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
slats432 said:

And if you have ever been in one of these HF Ranking threads, there are enough complainers that it is tough without the obvious to pick out sarcasm.

Yup, he is . . . actually there is a subtle reference to his loyalties in his profile:

Refering to the idiotic reams of pages thread attack on Malkin right after he was drafted putting forward the argument that he would not amount to anything because he had 'thin bones.' We Pens' fans have been getting it for quite a while here as shown by that thread and myriad of others, hence the sarcasm on the subject.

As for the missing the sarcasm, to be entirely fair I have seen far more idiotic posts here of late regarding the Pens than that one from Steve that you thought was meant, and each of those entirely intended, so the mistake was quite understandable. It is becoming harder and harder to pick out sarcasm from simple stupidity these days.

Last edited:

Steve Latin*

slats432 said:

... I guess you didn't know "Steve Latin" is the name of the Pens Hall-of-Fame equipment manager.

Anyone down for ranking equipment manager prospects?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
AnThGrt said:
As for Brown its because he still falls in the prospect criteria and if he wasn't there then Tambellini can take a spot on the list. That being said is it that you dont like Brown on there or our team being #4 (Just a question not insulting you)

I traded Mike Fisher in my keeper league for Brown, im a huuuuge brown fan, i jsut dont think hes a prospect anymore. Hes played basically a year in the NHL and is a regular now like Zherdev and others. I dont think the criteria on something like this is legit, it should be different IMHO.. Phaneuf isnt gonna be a prospect anymore, hes now a rookie, not prospect... same for crosby, and ovechkin

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota should continue sliding down. Our defense corp isn't that strong and with Harding probably going to graduate we have no goaltenders (though we only need two goaltenders, so not a huge hole)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->