Hockey's Future Fall 2004 Org Rankings 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I like thie list, and I really can't complain a whole lot. I wanted to see a little bit more on the Nashville write up (Hey - I'm a Nashville fan), but overall......I think this is one of the best lists HF has done in awhile. There are only a few teams that I would move back (Personally I would move Edmonton down lower in the top 10), but its all a matter of perspective. ;) Great Job HF writers! This truly was a good list - much better than last years, IMO, in all areas (i.e. write ups AND rankings).

se7en*

Same here - thanks for taking so many hours to compile these rankings! :clap:

Guy Flaming

HF Readers said:
thank you for all the effort you guys put in! :handclap:

On behalf of the committee, your welcome. We're happy that the vast majority of the feedback has been supportive and the expected negative feedback has been coming from a small portion of the overall readership and from just a handful of teams.

The top 50 Prospects List is next... :banana:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Jay Thompson said:
Well, the list is being worked out now. Might be several weeks away, but that's better than how late it was last year, aint it? ;)
Don't worry. I haven't complained yet, so I won't start now. Besides, McKeen's is coming out soon with all their rankings to tide us over.

SwOOsh*

Oh oh you put a date now in a few weeks if it isn't out expect a lot of people being like "where is the top 50 list" LOL

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
WOOT! Minnesota should still be climbing :D

(BTW did you guys miss Foy...I'm seeing him as a 25-30 goal scorer with Bouchard)
Also my only big chief complaint again lies with Atlanta...

Their negatives is that they have a lot of safe bet forwards, but doesn't everyone? And I think the hype around some of their defense is a little too much...

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
SwOOsh said:
Oh oh you put a date now in a few weeks if it isn't out expect a lot of people being like "where is the top 50 list" LOL
If you want a committment, you aren't going to get one....but I will say that it is getting closer.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Good list overall, maybe the most glaring selections were Canucks at #23 (too high) and Nashville #6 (too high) but these lists will never get 100% consensus among the posters.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Pepper said:
Good list overall, maybe the most glaring selections were Canucks at #23 (too high) and Nashville #6 (too high) but these lists will never get 100% consensus among the posters.

Nashville at no. 6 is definitely not too high. We have one of the best prospect cores bar none. In fact, I think a case could be made for flip flopping us with either Montreal or Edmonton depending on your perspective.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Am I the only person who thinks the Rangers are way too high?
I mean prospect for prospect I didn't think they were that much better off than the leafs...at least the leafs a little depth...both have the same potential for impact players...?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
balddog66 said:
I mean prospect for prospect I didn't think they were that much better off than the leafs...at least the leafs a little depth...both have the same potential for impact players...?
I don't have it in front of me but they had 8-10 picks in the top 60 in last years draft.

They traded for Balej, Kondratiev, Helminen, signed Pock, not to mention the strong advancement of Tjutin and Lundqvist.

I think the average person will have little problem with the Rangers in the Top 10.

JR#9*

balddog66 said:

The NYR's have done a very nice job of restocking the prospect pool at this point to the point where a guy like Dominic Moore who very likely will play in the NHL didn't even make the list of our top 20 prospects as per HF's list.

Also Blackburn who is all of 21 isn't included due to his NHL games played but for all intents he is practically a prospect considering his age.

The only shortcoming the NYR's have in their pool is at center ice.

Trying to compare our prospects to that of the Leafs is an absolute joke especially considering that in the Leetch trade we took 2 of their top 4 prospects as we'll as a 1st rounder that turned into Korpikoski

Last edited by a moderator:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
The Rangers do deserve to be in the top 10 this year what with all the changes made last year. In fact, I was expecting them in the top spot just ahead of Washington. Provided there is a season, I think Montreal's going to drop big in this year with blue chippers like Pleks, Hossa, Hainsey, Higgs and Perez vying for spots. That is unless we bulk up big in the 2005 draft. (three first round picks and a light ale please)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Enoch said:
Nashville at no. 6 is definitely not too high. We have one of the best prospect cores bar none. In fact, I think a case could be made for flip flopping us with either Montreal or Edmonton depending on your perspective.

agreed. i'd take nashville's prospects over either of those teams, personally..but on the whole...the list looks good. i also thought the Rangers have really built up their prospect pool through wise trades over the past year, and deserve to be where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad