Hockey's Future 2004 Mock Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
I was quite happy to see Green fall all the way to New Jersey. It was very, very tempting to take Korpikoski, but I felt that Green was too good a defenceman to pass up.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Legionnaire said:
The Devils strike gold again getting Green at 22?

That's what I thought too.... whenever I see a mock I think "Please Green, Please Green" and I'm surprised that the HF mock actually has us taking him. Happy too. Chances of it actually happening are still slim, but I'd be thrilled if we grabbed him.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
The Habs take Fransson at 17? I understand that he's a guy they have been interested in for some time....so is this pick a best guess at who the Habs will pick, or who the Habs should pick?

Personally i like what i've read on Green, and if he was available at 17 i would hope that the Habs would take him over Fransson...but then again what do i know as i've never even seen Fransson play...

Interesting read none the less.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Bruce Graham at 15? Can somone fill me in on this guy...I didn't even expect him to go in the first round.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
As always- a fun exercise.

I took Scott Hartnell and Ron Hainsey for Boston in HF's 2000 Mock, and then took Alexander Perezhogin for the B's in 2001.

Glad the staff is keeping up with the tradition. Back in the day, it was held on the HF Chat board- a lot of fun.

PS- Cory Schneider WILL be a 1st-round pick on Saturday. You can take that to the bank. I know of at least three teams that covet him. He won't get by all three.

Beyond that- great job.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Enoch said:
Bruce Graham at 15? Can somone fill me in on this guy...I didn't even expect him to go in the first round.

I too was very surprised to see him go in the first half of the first round. I was picturing him as a consensus second round pick. Graham sure has many interesting attributes to his game, one of them being his size (he's 6"6, 220 pounds). A centerman with good offensive upside. While not being a two-way forward, he's not a liability in the defensive zone. Can play both finesse and physical type of game...

guitaraholic*

I don't think the Blues would pick Radulov at 17 if Green is still available. Or even Montoya for that matter.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Not a chance the isles take Chipchura...we have enough guys like that in the system...Justin Mapletoft a Center, umm Jeremy Colliton, SEan Bergenheim...If MM picks Chipchura he should be shot

leafaholix*

Kvashinator12 said:
Not a chance the isles take Chipchura...we have enough guys like that in the system...Justin Mapletoft a Center, umm Jeremy Colliton, SEan Bergenheim...If MM picks Chipchura he should be shot
Mad Mike is bullet-proof.

You can't bruise him... or his ego.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think this mock and the countless others that are out there show just how wide open this draft is. Passed the first 4-5-6 picks, there is absolutely no consensus (aside from LA picking a goalie). There are some mocks that have 1 guy going top 15, others that are late 1st round or into the 2nd. I think you'll see alot of dealing on draft day because of it. Teams will see a guy they like and will take the chance of getting him. They won't wait and hope. Should be very interesting to see.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
HiggsFan said:
I too was very surprised to see him go in the first half of the first round. I was picturing him as a consensus second round pick. Graham sure has many interesting attributes to his game, one of them being his size (he's 6"6, 220 pounds). A centerman with good offensive upside. While not being a two-way forward, he's not a liability in the defensive zone. Can play both finesse and physical type of game...

Can he skate? If so, he quite possibly could be picked by the Preds who are in dire need of a centerman prospect with top 6 potential.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Patty Roy said:
The Habs take Fransson at 17? I understand that he's a guy they have been interested in for some time....so is this pick a best guess at who the Habs will pick, or who the Habs should pick?

Personally i like what i've read on Green, and if he was available at 17 i would hope that the Habs would take him over Fransson...but then again what do i know as i've never even seen Fransson play...

Interesting read none the less.

That was me picking him. There's no way the Habs take him at 18th, imo with his injury problems, but since Savard liked him and being the SEL rookie of the year, I wouldn't be pissed if we got him.

I think the Habs will end up with Korpikoski. I'm not a big fan of Green, that's why I passed on him.

capman29

The caps will not be taking two defenseman in the first round. In the first round they will be looking for offensive talent and in the second round then they go defense. They want a play making center and that is what they will be looking for after taking Ovechkin with the first pick.Also any foward that has goal scoring talent will also be on their radar screen But other that that not a bad mock draft.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
capman29 said:
The caps will not be taking two defenseman in the first round. In the first round they will be looking for offensive talent and in the second round then they go defense. They want a play making center and that is what they will be looking for after taking Ovechkin with the first pick.Also any foward that has goal scoring talent will also be on their radar screen But other that that not a bad mock draft.
I think they'd be wise to go with blueliners with their late 1st rounders. Outside of Eminger and Morrisson, they don't have anyone worth mentioning in their prospect pool. Their offense, after Ovechkin, is stacked with both top-end talent and role players.

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Flame_Star_Devil said:
That's what I thought too.... whenever I see a mock I think "Please Green, Please Green" and I'm surprised that the HF mock actually has us taking him. Happy too. Chances of it actually happening are still slim, but I'd be thrilled if we grabbed him.

I would not be upset to see the Kings take him at 11; even if it is "technically" too soon.

capman29

Jacobv2 said:
I think they'd be wise to go with blueliners with their late 1st rounders. Outside of Eminger and Morrisson, they don't have anyone worth mentioning in their prospect pool. Their offense, after Ovechkin, is stacked with both top-end talent and role players.

And my I ask how you arived at this conclusion ? you responce is requested.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kirk- NEHJ said:
As always- a fun exercise.

I took Scott Hartnell and Ron Hainsey for Boston in HF's 2000 Mock, and then took Alexander Perezhogin for the B's in 2001.

Glad the staff is keeping up with the tradition. Back in the day, it was held on the HF Chat board- a lot of fun.

PS- Cory Schneider WILL be a 1st-round pick on Saturday. You can take that to the bank. I know of at least three teams that covet him. He won't get by all three.

Beyond that- great job.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blues were one of those teams.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Montoya has zero chance of falling that far in real life. I'd bet money on it.

Flames have zero chance of selecting Lisin IMO. Whoever made that pick didn't really take into account the type of players that our scouting staff and GM prefer. No way we take a soft, lazy, euro IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad