HockeyRulez's GM Game #2 (Spots Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
The GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets has decided to step down from a GM role. After some good work with the franchise I felt it was time for me to step down and hand it off to another GM.

The Blue Jackets are now open and a GM role is vacant at this point in time.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Looks like this game is dead. Wanna just vote on the best roster? I vote for myself :sarcasm:

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
it was a fun game but i think when the 2nd season came along all the trades had been made

agreed, thanks to everyone who participated in the game. It was fun and I hope everyone had a good time. We wont be continuing this game so again thanks to everyone and I'll see you'll around....

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
I had a good time as well, it was my first game, I won the Cup (sure I was handed a pretty good team), and I became an agent. About that last thing: NEVER AGAIN. Lol.

Evgeni Giroux

May 7, 2011
It was a fun game! I just wish it could have went 1 more day so I could announce my big deal...

Johanthon Quick to Buffalo

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

As a finality to this, being a dominant GM in these games is actually really easy if you understand asset management. For example, take a look at three deals I made all related to each other.

I received, in the end...

Patrick Kane, Mark Streit, Dustin Penner, Dylan Olsen and a 2nd

for

Ryan Suter, Patric Hornqvist, C.O Rousell, Ante Engren and a 4th

I still think I deserved the cup, and winning GM of the Year was definitely a nice reward, but, still. It was a fun game, but it was basically rebuilding teams having a circle jerk to see who could siphon off the most prospects from "Competitors" while the actual contenders stayed relatively to themselves (With the exception of Boston). Although, this game is proof that none of us could ever run a real NHL franchise. Let's face it, no one would want to see the Ducks after they traded every marketable player on the team.

But, this is just that, a game. Teams should have been allowed to do what they wanted without regulations. The next GM game I will be in, I have to at least be the co-comissioner. The idea of vetoing "Unfair" trades and getting them "Approved" was a terrible idea, and still is. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this to improve future games.

Anyways, it was fun, but could be a lot better, and I hope the next one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad