Hockeynorths Top 55 Prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft (Summer Edition)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMO Kleven should be no where near a top 124 list.

Honesty ask yourself if Logan Stanley was deserving of a top 4 round pick in 2016. Then remove every offensive aspect of Stanley's game. Like literally remove everything he does from his own blueline out to the opponents goal. Then remove Stanley's below average ability to move the puck under pressure in his own zone and his well below average ability to carry the puck out of the zone clean. Then remove Stanley's shooting arsenal completely. Then add a little bit more sand paper to Stanley's game.

That's Tyler Kleven.

I think you have Kleven's game confused. He's a lot better of a skater than Stanley, and I don't find it to be a good comparison because Stanley is 2-3 inches taller and a lot heavier. Kleven is great at carrying the puck out of the defensive zone. He has no clue what to do with the puck once he exits the defensive zone, but he definitely can carry it out of the zone. He's also a very reliable defender, which I think has been one of the questions about Stanley.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I hope you are right OP. If Chromiak and Knazko gets drafted in the 1st and 2nd round, that would be amazing for Slovakia.

Mar 12, 2009
I think this is the first list I've seen that hasn't been completely sleeping on Sebrango (ie. first I've seen to rank him above round 4 territory).

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I'd put Lucas Raymond at no.2. I don't know much about Askarov, but I'm surprised to see a goalie so high.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'd put Lucas Raymond at no.2. I don't know much about Askarov, but I'm surprised to see a goalie so high.
I’m really not a fan of Raymond TBH. It was hard not having him in the top 3 because I know he has skill but I just don’t like his game, like when NHL teams have certain players higher or lower. I think Askarov is the next great goalie and would take him at 1 if not for the risk

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think you have Kleven's game confused. He's a lot better of a skater than Stanley, and I don't find it to be a good comparison because Stanley is 2-3 inches taller and a lot heavier. Kleven is great at carrying the puck out of the defensive zone. He has no clue what to do with the puck once he exits the defensive zone, but he definitely can carry it out of the zone. He's also a very reliable defender, which I think has been one of the questions about Stanley.

I don't think he's much better at all. In all the games I watched I don't think Kleven ever skated with the puck for more than a few feet if at all. Guy has absolutely no ability with the puck. He is an old school defender I see very little future for him in the NHL. Stanley can at least skate with the puck, shoot and create offensive plays. He's miles better at the same age which doesn't say much for Kleven. Dude is a black hole.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think Schneider and Zary could be a bit higher on the list. Pretty much complete players with a couple dynamic attributes. Sanderson is your 2nd ranked defenceman, but Schneider plays so much quicker and physical. He wore an A for the Wheat Kings last year, he'll wear the C this year, I bet. That makes me feel safer about him when it comes to work ethic, sacrificing time for improvement, etc.

Mysak has looked slow during international tournaments. I was impressed with Gut and Cikhart at the Ivan Hlinka, I think it is important to understand that being better right now, does not necessarily mean they will be drafted higher. Gut can fly with the puck and Cikhart is 6'3 with a powerful shot and aggressive. They will both play in the WHL next season.

I don't understand how Holtz and Perreault can be so far apart, both of these players have elite shooting abilities and know how to get open in the offensive zone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gunler take over Holtz though, he seems more comfortable and skilled with the puck on his stick.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I think Schneider and Zary could be a bit higher on the list. Pretty much complete players with a couple dynamic attributes. Sanderson is your 2nd ranked defenceman, but Schneider plays so much quicker and physical. He wore an A for the Wheat Kings last year, he'll wear the C this year, I bet. That makes me feel safer about him when it comes to work ethic, sacrificing time for improvement, etc.

Mysak has looked slow during international tournaments. I was impressed with Gut and Cikhart at the Ivan Hlinka, I think it is important to understand that being better right now, does not necessarily mean they will be drafted higher. Gut can fly with the puck and Cikhart is 6'3 with a powerful shot and aggressive. They will both play in the WHL next season.

I don't understand how Holtz and Perreault can be so far apart, both of these players have elite shooting abilities and know how to get open in the offensive zone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gunler take over Holtz though, he seems more comfortable and skilled with the puck on his stick.
Interesting, given Cikhart wasn't even nominated for the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad