Hockeynorths Top 55 Prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft (Summer Edition)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I know its early and this will change and get longer and longer as the season goes on but for now these are my top 55 guys I've watched and read up on of about 75. The other 20 I didn't like enough to put in this ranking yet as I don't see them going in the first three rounds come draft day. It is OHL heavy as a) it's a very strong OHL class and b) I have watched the OHL the most. In my opinion this will be one of the deepest classes in recent memory, especially at the top.

1Alexis Lafreniere
2Yaroslav Askarov
3Quinton Byfield
4Alexander Holtz
5Lucas Raymond
6Cole Perfetti
7Anton Lundell
8Hendrix Lapierre
9Tim Stutzle
10Jamie Drysdale
11Justin Barron
12Kasper Simontaival
13Zion Nybeck
14Noel Gunler
15Jake Sanderson
16Marco Rossi
17Rodin Amirov
18Theo Rochette
19Emil Andrae
20Dylan Holloway
21Jaromir Pytlik
22Jacob Perreault
23Vasili Ponomaryov
24Martin Chromiak
25Connor McClennon
26Blake Biondi
27Connor Zary
28Dylan Peterson
29Ryan O'Rourke
30Kaiden Guhle
31Braden Schneider
32Jake Neighbours
33Alexander Pashin
34Antonio Stranges
35Noah Delemont
36Donovan Sebrango
37Roni Hirvonen
38Jeremie Poirier
39Jean Luc Foudy
40Jan Myzak
41Veeti Miettinen
42Samuel Knazko
43Tyler Kleven
44Justin Sourdiff
45Tyler Tulio
46Danill Gushchin
47Will Cuylle
48Stephen Halliday
49Lleyton Moore
50Ryder Rolston
51Oliver Suni
52Nick Malik
53Jack Thompson
54Evan Vierling
55Jan Bednar
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Lukas Cormier should probably be in there somewhere
He was just outside as I really didn’t see enough of him, he’ll definitely make my next list but I want more footage first. I debated having him at 40 but decided I didn’t want to rank someone I didn’t know great.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
foudy and zary seem quite low

also askarov at 2? seems risky
I do love Zary but there’s a lot of other guys I have in his tier right not too. Could be a big riser by my next list. Foudy I’m not completely sold on yet I want to see his numbers this year.

Honestly I rearranged the guys 2-11 so many times the only one I was sold on was Askarov as being better. I don’t think he goes 2 but these are rankings not a mock.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Interesting to see Ryder Rolston and Halliday get some love, I might have their spots switched, but who knows. I thought your placement of Holloway was solid as well from what I've seen. Interested to see where you rate them compared to the OHL group come new year/jan thru march

Reactions: hockeynorth

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Interesting to see Ryder Rolston and Halliday get some love, I might have their spots switched, but who knows.

But ahead of Smilanic and Tuch though? Will be interesting to see what Rolston does for Waterloo next season in more prominent role. He would have to be great to pass Smilanic in my eye.

I thought your placement of Holloway was solid as well from what I've seen. Interested to see where you rate them compared to the OHL group

Holloway is going to go Wisconsin with Turcotte, Caufield next season (would have been eligible for WHL, not OHL)

Jan Mysak at 40 is a joke. If you think I’m being too harsh, talk to me in 9 months

Too high or too low? He is not one I have see a ton of, but have seen him ranked anywhere from single digits to late 2nd round.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I'm well aware. I wrote that I was interested to see where this person would rank Holloway compared to the OHL crop.

My mistake. I must have read that wrong.

Perfetti, Byfield, Rossi > [Holloway] > Stranges, Foudy, Perreault, Pytlik

Thats probably where I'd put him.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
But ahead of Smilanic and Tuch though? Will be interesting to see what Rolston does for Waterloo next season in more prominent role. He would have to be great to pass Smilanic in my eye.

Holloway is going to go Wisconsin with Turcotte, Caufield next season (would have been eligible for WHL, not OHL)

Too high or too low? He is not one I have see a ton of, but have seen him ranked anywhere from single digits to late 2nd round.
I have Mysak ranked #4.

Reactions: czech and Favin

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I find it hard to believe you watched Mysak for more than a few minutes and though that he’s not worthy of at least a first round selection
I honestly did not love him as much as I loved other players but I didn’t watch him as much either, I made it clear some players got much more viewing then other. We’ll see where he moves on my list I’ll be sure to keep an eye on him for my next list. His skating I didn’t love and he doesn’t have other prospects upside IMO.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I honestly did not love him as much as I loved other players but I didn’t watch him as much either, I made it clear some players got much more viewing then other. We’ll see where he moves on my list I’ll be sure to keep an eye on him for my next list. His skating I didn’t love and he doesn’t have other prospects upside IMO.
You’ll need to watch him more. You can’t tell a players upside for very little viewing. He’s got one of the most dynamic offensive skill sets in the draft and a high ceiling

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
IMO Kleven should be no where near a top 124 list.

Honesty ask yourself if Logan Stanley was deserving of a top 4 round pick in 2016. Then remove every offensive aspect of Stanley's game. Like literally remove everything he does from his own blueline out to the opponents goal. Then remove Stanley's below average ability to move the puck under pressure in his own zone and his well below average ability to carry the puck out of the zone clean. Then remove Stanley's shooting arsenal completely. Then add a little bit more sand paper to Stanley's game.

That's Tyler Kleven.

Reactions: Dominance

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Vierling needs to be higher. Tullio lower. I think a lot of Tullio is more opportunity with his dad owning the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad