Hockeymonkey coupon codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Hmm, that's too bad.

I still haven't made the purchase though. Does anyone have any experience with the Nike V10 or V12's? I'm concerned about durability.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Good skates, very wide fitting with some issues on ankle cutting. The boot seems to either be a perfect fit or unbearable.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
EazyB97 said:
Good skates, very wide fitting with some issues on ankle cutting. The boot seems to either be a perfect fit or unbearable.

I've tried on the V9's at my LHS and they fit perfect. I can only assume the V12's would be even more comfortable. But everyone keeps telling me they'll fall apart in a year. So it's really frusterating.

CCM's heel is too wide, Bauers and Eastons are too narrow in the forefoot and Grafs are way out of my price range. The 8090 fit well too but they just came out so there's no deals on them. Ugh, this is so frusterating. Still hesistant about these Nikes.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
V12's are the best skates I have ever used. So light, the TUUK Lightspeed holder is amazing, boot fits like a glove.

knittingonskates

Apr 8, 2005
Qld, Australia
I ordered gear from Hockeymonkey and while I do live in australia it took me about a month and a half to get it because of issues with them requiring this and that then loosing it and forgetting to call and all that shin dig.

We had way to many problems.

Sites such as The Hockey Shop (in vancouver) and EPuck ( i think in louisiana) we got the gear to Australia within a week no problems.

I play in Nike Skates (inline Hi Ho Silvers) and found that they fit perfectly the first time.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I live near the Hockey Monkey store out here in California but I don't know of any coupons. Skates are user specific. 1 person may love them, the next guy might hate them because we're all built different. Back in the day I had Bauer roller skates and they made my ankles bleed. I switched to the Federov Nike's and have used them and Mission skates with no problems. I bought the Synergy ice skates and they fit a lot like Nike's in that it's like wearing a tennis shoe. No break in time, no blisters. But, when I tried on the Easton Air they hurt right away. So even the same brand can fit different. Find 1 boot that fits good and stick with it. I think Hockey Monkey has free shipping if you spend over $150 ,might as well do that if you want a coupon.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
So I went to my old local hockey shop when I was visiting some friends and they put me in some Vapor XX in EE which were half off at the time. I loved them and decided to go with those. Ordering them from either Hockeymonkey or Hockeygiant would have ended up about $30 more expensive. They feel awesome.

I'm still a little worried about durability though. Anyone ever own a pair of these who can relay their experience with them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->